Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
2016 Eco/Premium with PP.

Had a dyno/custom tune done at Cobb in Plano, Texas. What do you guys suggest a to what gauges you monitor? Here are some other questions.....

1. I have been monitoring IAT's as a gauge choice and am now consistently getting temps about 10 degrees warmer than my digital IAT display so don't think I need to monitor that (or do I?)
2. I have been using the torque gauge......does it really represent true torque such as what the dyno showed?
3. With that tune plus an aftermarket Cobb intercooler, Airaid CAI and MBRP "street" exhaust what boost levels should I be seeing with heavy "spirited" driving? About the most I have seen is low 20's with close to WOT.
4. does anyone have any experience with configuring a shift light and/or rev. limit?
Sponsored

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Perfect thread for me, my Cobb arrives in a week or so followed by FMIC and then hopefully Adam E-TUne as I can't afford the Dyno (Dyno or FMIC is my choice lol).

Anyway, I have read a heap of important ones and my list is this so far
Octane Adjust Ratio
Boost PSI
Charge Temp
ignition timing,
knock count and
ignition correction

So I wonder what people will suggest. I guess mine are more diagnostic and trying to select ones that I will be able to watch once I install this stuff so the ecoboost doesnt go ecoboom :)

badhaircutted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Same, very interested in what people are monitoring. I just put mine in a couple days ago and currently just have:
Actual AFR
Oil Temp
Water Temp

I can say, these are much more accurate on the AP3 vs what the stock info center on the dash displays.

I've yet to even mess with it beyond updating firmware though.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
One of the important things to look at before you turn off the car is the high and low range that the AP shows just below the "current " number on each gauge.
I often change the monitors to keep an eye on the motor.
Today I have
Intake air temp
Compressor outlet temp
Charge air temp
Estimated Torque
Gear
Cylinder 4 knock

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
I'd say just as important is reading through Cobbs documents aBout what each one means and then asking your tuner what ranges are safe.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
On my Accessport, apart from Charge Air Temperature (CAT) and Estimated Torque, I currently also have ignition timing, knock count and ignition correction (all for cylinder 1) next to the OAR, for safety reasons.

However, for safety reasons and considering that the best way to monitor knock is by monitoring ignition corrections for as many cylinders as possible (this way you will know the intensity of the knock, which means how bad the knock is), I will use the following data monitors after all:

-CAT
-OAR
-Estimated torque (just to keepmgetting an idea on performance)
-Ignition correction cyl 1-3 (for safety reasons)
Sponsored