You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all tha praise given by D4rk_hrs and Jmeo, I just had my 3P system installed. I totally copied Jmeo's setup as I use my Stang for work and constantly have tools as well as parts stored back there. Big thanks to them for making up my mind about AirLift. ��
Hey! Lol, looks great an I am very glad to help :D

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I think it is more of a marketing gimmick than anything and not worth the cost of the upgrade if that is all you want. I think I have tried it one time. It's not as cool as you just walk up to the car and hit the button on the app.

Couple things to remember.

1. Ignition has to be on at least before the manifold functions. The app is dead otherwise. Just like the controller.

2. Depending on the size of your air tank. The first time the car airs up. The compressors have to turn on to refill the tank. Unless the car is running the compressors will kick on for a few seconds then shut down due to the voltage drop, then kick back on for a few more seconds. It will repeat this process until it fills the tank which is very time consuming. Not to mention killing your battery quickly. I found this out the hard way one time working on the car and the compressors kept cycling off and on.

Lucky for me the car was at my ride height and I was able to push the car out of the garage to jump it. If it had been air'd out I would have had to take the battery out of the car.

So multiple up and down displays is not instant. Kinda like a one and done deal.

Unless you are at a car show or wherever with the car running and you just want to show the car go up and down. I still have yet to find a real benefit to the app.

very good points. I forgot about, yeah car would have to be on to even use the app. thanks for saving me money! App would only get used at mustang week anyways lol. Not at the sake of killing the battery though or sitting there idling to use the app. Ole v2 doing fine.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
[MENTION=17772]notstok5.0[/MENTION] - I am going to attempt the height sensor install over the winter. Hopefully, I am successful. Your car is one badass ride. Looked so good at AM.
[MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] - You will be so happy with air. a year and a half later. I still love it as much as the day I installed it. Let any of us know if you have any questions and post up those pics when you get it installed.
[MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] - I regret not meeting you at AM. There were so many cars there and most people were walking around and not by their car most of the day. Hopefully, one day we will meet up. That goes for [MENTION=18690]Evo_Rob[/MENTION] as well. Look forward to meeting you as well.
[MENTION=23408]lwnslw[/MENTION] - Car is also badass looking. I really think the s550 was made to be on air. The car looks so good slammed. I am glad I was able to help influence your decision on going this route.
[MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] - I wish the app was more useful.

Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Picked her up on Friday and have already driven 200 miles on the Airlift. So far it is a great investment...Wife loves the way it rides compared to before.

Just curious as to what everyone has the ride height set to ? The shop has set mine at 44 front and 77 rear. I think I should add some more air to bring it a bit higher.

Thanks for any info.
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
47/75

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I ride at 44/66, I like mine low. Just be careful up front, if you're too low and turn, you will mess up your fenders (ask me how I know).

I have a question for those of you who've had your kit installed for a while. I've had mine since Feb and love everything about it, save one thing: I do NOT like the way the rear end feels when I go over large dips or raised areas on the freeway (when the weight of the rear end is thrown up/down). It's hard to put into words, but it feels like, perhaps, the rebound is not set correctly for the weight of the vehicle. The way the weight in the rear shifts up/down just doesn't feel right.

Have any of you noticed anything like this?

I know one of the shops that have been posting in here changed out their rear struts to another brand, what was your experience doing so? Why did you do so?

Thanks!!

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input guys.... I seem to feel that 51/83 was real good for the highway so far.

How about dampening on the shocks? They are currently set on 10 rear and 16 front. It seems smooth so far.

Thanks again guys...

Joe

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
P.S....

Popping noises I am going to assume are normal ? Mainly when the front lifts, it sounds like the bags are making a pop sound, which I attribute to them filling with air?

What is the max air pressure these bags hold ? I did not find that info anywhere.

Sorry for all the nub questions but I am unsteady since I didn't do the install myself.
Sponsored