Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Just installed the Steeda rear pro-action fixed valve this weekend on my GT PP. Stock springs. Pretty easy install...took me about 1.25 hrs. wheels up to wheels down.

Really happy with them...stiffer than stock but I think these are perfect for daily driver.

I have only one very small regret...maybe should have ordered the adjustable just to see what a stiffer setting feels like. But I am very happy with these for DD.

Probably going to have to get the front struts now. Read the install directions quite a few times and I think I can do these too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Steeda rear pro-action fixed valve this weekend on my GT PP. Stock springs. Pretty easy install...took me about 1.25 hrs. wheels up to wheels down.

Really happy with them...stiffer than stock but I think these are perfect for daily driver.

I have only one very small regret...maybe should have ordered the adjustable just to see what a stiffer setting feels like. But I am very happy with these for DD.

Probably going to have to get the front struts now. Read the install directions quite a few times and I think I can do these too.
Appreciate the feedback, these have been a huge hit among S550 enthusiasts - glad to see you are following suit!

TJ

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the feedback, these have been a huge hit among S550 enthusiasts - glad to see you are following suit!

TJ
Hello TJ,
I just received and installed the front ProAction non-adjustable struts also.
I have a question.

What kind of wrench are people using to reach down in the top strut mount hole to tighten it to 70 ft-lbs as the instructions say?

I have a wrench with opened end and swivel ratchet and neither end will fit down in hole. I got the strut mount bolt pretty tight by using a rag and vice-grips to grab the rod, using a socket and then tighened the nut, but I'd like to know what most people are doing and with what kind of wrench.

Thanks!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Bob,

I don't know off hand - I will have to ask our install team.

I will let you know as soon as I hear.

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Schwaben strut nut socket

We will hopefully be selling these soon.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I'm afraid I may have ruined my rear shocks from spinning the shaft excessively. When I compress it, it rebounds very very slowly, I would have to leave it and come back for it to be extended. Can anyone confirm?

I know you all may think a total derp, but I had some serious issues with the sleeve nuts on my billet RR shock mounts. I will submit a support ticket soon.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The spring extends the shock shaft, not air. It's probably fine.

I just installed a set of Steeda shocks with their billet mounts. Have to slowly and carefully thread the sleeve nut so that it enters the inner bore of the bearing evenly just like if you were pressing in a bushing or ball joint. A little anti-seize thinly coated helps.

Be sure the gold colored (at least mine is) washer sits below the shock mount and at the top of the shaft. Shock mount sits in that and then you tighten it down.

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Schwaben strut nut socket

We will hopefully be selling these soon.
Best Regards,
TJ
Ok I didn't know they made such as thing.
I think it would be a 19 mm.

I think the sizes listed in the instruction sheet are not correct.
"Using a 22mm wrench and an 11mm wrench tighten the nut on the strut shaft to the 70ft-lbs."

I watched the video from CJ Pony parts install the similar Koni struts and he just went at it with the impact gun, but since instructions said not to do that I didn't.

I think I have it tight enough to not move on its own, especially since you include the lock washer, but I may check into this Schwaben socket.

Thanks

BTW: Went for some spirited driving yesterday, mountain road. These shocks (I bought the non-adjutable) noticably improve handling characteristics. Car handles so much better around corners and in and out of dips in the road, etc.
Very glad I got these!

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I remember now its actually when you clamp and rough up the cylinder that damages the seal.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I remember now its actually when you clamp and rough up the cylinder that damages the seal.
Please pm me your contact info. We will get this concern addressed.

Thanks,

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
After reading these reviews ordered the shocks/struts and billet mounts. Now to decide on springs.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
After reading these reviews ordered the shocks/struts and billet mounts. Now to decide on springs.
Steeda, has the largest selection of S550 springs from Progressive,Linear,Minimum Drop and Dual rate comp springs.

Just lets us know your objective.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, our springs are tested in conjunction with each other - meaning, they are tested extensively to give you, the consumer, the best in ride quality & performance.

Win / Win!

TJ

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
And I imagine it's best to pick your springs to go with your shocks.

Was me picking the swift springs a bad choice?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No it’s not a bad choice and you will be really happy with your decision.

It’s one of the benefits we have with our manufacturing and testing - we can put a lot of miles on the car with our different combos.

Just one of the benefits we can offer.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored