Sponsored

Finally Saw a 2018 in person! Walkaround Video!

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
like many others I was in disgust when the first pictures of the new Mustang emerged. But... As more, and more pictures surfaced, I began to believe that there's just something about the front end slope that just isn't very photogenic. I can now say with total confidence that that is 100% true. After finally seeing the car in person, I definitely like it! In person, instead of the nose looking sloped and droopy, It looks elongated, and sharp edged. I hate saying this, but this car really does look way better in person.

I didn't get to record it, but I did get to witness a little demo of the new LCD Instrument Cluster, and I was very impressed! Really gives the car a high end feel. It's expensive to opt for, and I really wish Ford didn't insist on packaging all their options together like a friggin fireworks assortment, but definitely a must have feature for me...

Overall, In my opinion the 2018 is more modern, and aggressive looking, and I think as dealer lots begin to fill, a lot of people are going to be trading in there current S550's.

[ame]
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Meh.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I really do like the spoiler!
Me too, wonder if it will fit our cars?

Me three! And it apparently has quite a bit of engineering into it. If you look closely in the video when I get really low standing behind the car, you can just barely see the channels on the underside of the wing. Those channels have a diffuser affect. So not only is the air moving over the wing pushing down on it, but the air moving underneath it is pulling down on the wing. Pretty interesting...:gossip:

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
I just don't get it, I must be blind or something, but I don't think it is more aggressive than the S550. I would not trade my S550 for this, if you look real quick, it reminds me of a Mazda front. And no, I am not talking trash about the car, it is a very impressive looking car, but my opinion is the S550 it is much aggressive looking. It is not even a thought... I'm keeping my S550.. at east for now.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Me too, wonder if it will fit our cars?
I am guessing it will as the trunk lid does not look changed at all. If not, I am sure one of the aftermarket companies will have something similar by Spring.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sorry to be pedantic

I just don't get it, I must be blind or something, but I don't think it is more aggressive than the S550. I would not trade my S550 for this, if you look real quick, it reminds me of a Mazda front. And no, I am not talking trash about the car, it is a very impressive looking car, but my opinion is the S550 it is much aggressive looking. It is not even a thought... I'm keeping my S550.. at east for now.

The '18 is still an S550 :)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
but MY18 is still a S550 ;)

btw, I'd argue that the current front is more close to Mazda, since the lower part closes in rather than spread out.
1.png
2.jpg

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Like I said in the OP, what comes off looking droopy, and sad in photos looks aggressive, and sharp in person to me. Of course this is just my opinion, and I respect yours, as well as everyone else's.
Sponsored