Sponsored

GT350R splitter group buy - $950 plus ship - Roll call

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is assuming your local dealer will sell it for $985. Many local dealers sell these things at full retail ($1490) plus local sales tax.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My local dealer quoted me $1150 and that was with an employee discount (plus tax).

So many comments here trying to tear apart the angles. It's simple..... If you don't want it, then pass.

Debating or throwing out curve balls isn't going to make it any cheaper. :headbonk:

Simple. If you need one, this is as cheap as you can get it. I don't care about this or that or the debate. I have no skin in this and only threw my name in to get to the 10. Sure, I could use a spare because I'm sure over time I will destroy my oem

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A discussion regarding pricing is to be expected I suppose. It's a given in the case of a rather expensive slice of molded plastic. That said, I'm with you Tom and appreciate your efforts here.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A discussion regarding pricing is to be expected I suppose. It's a given in the case of a rather expensive slice of molded plastic. That said, I'm with you Tom and appreciate your efforts here.
Tob,

It is what it is. Ford controls pricing and availability and that is that. This is the cheapest you can get it at this point in time. You have seen the box that the splitter comes in. It is huge. I have one in my garage. It costs a lot to ship.

The reason for this group buy was that it is not a question of if, but when you are going to need a new splitter. This group buy made sense. Proactive? Reactive? I plan on owning one of these cars for the rest of my life. I'm sure I will need another splitter down the road and I'm of the mindset of get it while you can.

Thank you for your perspective and appreciation.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Making decision on AG 350. Went and saw it today. If I decide to get it then I definitely want the R splitter. :thumbsup:
When it is firm, let me know

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I can say that the R splitter was a dream to install versus the 3 piece non-R splitter. I have no intention of ever going back.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I hope you guys didn't take my question as a negative opinion on this group buy. I agree, this is likely a competitive price for buying one of these today. I was just spewing about why the R part is twice the cost, from Ford, considering the similar design. Tob is probably right about production volume.. I probably should have started a new thread for that, so sorry ;(

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
My local dealer quoted me $1150 and that was with an employee discount (plus tax).

So many comments here trying to tear apart the angles. It's simple..... If you don't want it, then pass.

Debating or throwing out curve balls isn't going to make it any cheaper. :headbonk:

Simple. If you need one, this is as cheap as you can get it. I don't care about this or that or the debate. I have no skin in this and only threw my name in to get to the 10. Sure, I could use a spare because I'm sure over time I will destroy my oem
I applaud your efforts as well. Being in the parts business has its challenges. Everybody wants something for nothing....."profit" is such a bad word! How dare they! Can anybody who is in business for themselves or work for someone survive on $50 profit on a $900 item? or "bill out" an hourly worker at $950 and pay them $900? I can see it now. Another dealer wants to sell it at the suggested list of $1492.70 and that now becomes a "rip off":crazy:

FWIW I shipped an F150 grille the other day from the northeast to the southwest. Our shipping cost (with our commercial account) on a roughly 48x20x8 sized package and around 15 lbs was almost $60!!!. Not an apples to apples comparison, but similar. I would say OP's dealer is being MORE than fair here. :cheers:

I also wouldn't dismiss the notion that Ford themselves have placed an artificially high price on these items as it pertains to GT350 and more specifically the unique "R" components. It preserves exclusivity. I recall the 1996 mystic cobra had a TSB if the vehicle needed collision work. A BASF rep would have to see the car and ONLY the amount of paint needed was given. Roush does the same with many of their vehicles. Pictures and a copy of the repair order are required for things such as badges and stripes, to ensure ONLY real versions of the car get the actual parts. I think if the OEM "R" wing was similarly priced as the splitter Ford wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand we'd see on this forum in terms of a group buy :)

Last edited:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
My comment on the part: The OEM R splitter is very well made and installed with absolutely no trouble. I'm very happy with the appearance and quality of the part. Yes, it's expensive, but I think it looks awesome and, when paired with the R rear wing, offers benefits at high-speed tracks.

As for the box - it's huge... I actually left it at the dealer when I picked my splitter up as it was too big to fit in my SUV. The box is around 6'x4'x1' - roughly the size of the mattress for a kids bed - and the splitter is suspended in the center by foam-filled bags.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^^ no cutoff. As soon as we have 10, I submit names to Mike and away we go.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I applaud your efforts as well. Being in the parts business has its challenges. Everybody wants something for nothing....."profit" is such a bad word! How dare they! Can anybody who is in business for themselves or work for someone survive on $50 profit on a $900 item? or "bill out" an hourly worker at $950 and pay them $900? I can see it now. Another dealer wants to sell it at the suggested list of $1492.70 and that now becomes a "rip off":crazy:

FWIW I shipped an F150 grille the other day from the northeast to the southwest. Our shipping cost (with our commercial account) on a roughly 48x20x8 sized package and around 15 lbs was almost $60!!!. Not an apples to apples comparison, but similar. I would say OP's dealer is being MORE than fair here. :cheers:

I also wouldn't dismiss the notion that Ford themselves have placed an artificially high price on these items as it pertains to GT350 and more specifically the unique "R" components. It preserves exclusivity. I recall the 1996 mystic cobra had a TSB if the vehicle needed collision work. A BASF rep would have to see the car and ONLY the amount of paint needed was given. Roush does the same with many of their vehicles. Pictures and a copy of the repair order are required for things such as badges and stripes, to ensure ONLY real versions of the car get the actual parts. I think if the OEM "R" wing was similarly priced as the splitter Ford wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand we'd see on this forum in terms of a group buy :)
Mike was a great guy to talk with about the group buy. However it was said that it almost wasn't worth the trouble for them because of such a low margin. I agreed to do all the leg work so that it was no sweat for him. I do ask that when the time comes, please be prompt with contacting Mike and seeing it through. The less hassle, the better chance they will do something lime this again.

Thanks everyone

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I'm interested. PM sent.