Sponsored

GoFastBits DV+ BPV Upgrade impressions

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Maybe I just woke up but all I can take away from this is tiny hands.

Oh, and I ordered one from Adam just now.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Installing this doesn't change the factory steady throttle bleed characteristic, and it's there for a few good reasons one of which seems to eliminate water accumulation in the charge system during wet driving I was experiencing with an aftermarket BOV. The other reason is for increased fuel economy, I believe.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
wonder how it sounds when you have the recirculating hose removed
Just a guess but I would imagine it would sound just like the stock with the hose removed. Just using logic, the sound is produced by the orifice and the pressure of air and I don't believe either of those change with this setup.

When the S550 EB was new, lots of people were doing this and capping off the other end. Some love to hear the blow off, most ended up hooking the return back up because of the noise from the constant bleed got irritating.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Thanks for adding that, nice to hear from someone else that has it installed. So you can still hear it doing that constant bleed?
TBH, I never heard the constant bleed even when running the stock BPV. I do hear it actuate when it is supposed to, but for me the sound is pretty tame because I'm still using the factory airbox.

I have monitored the BPV opening and closing events via the Cobb AP both before and after the DV+ install and can see that the ECU is still commanding it to open under regular driving conditions, not just upon throttle transitions, I just don't hear that "constant" bleed because mine is still set-up to recirculate and not VTA.

Whether or not the valve still opens during cruising conditions that cause the constant hiss when the ECU commands it to IDK, since I never heard it anyway.

I just assume if the ECU tells it to open, it does indeed open since the valve is electronically actuated.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just ordered mine from Adam today as well!

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I listened yesterday for the bleed while driving home. I turned off my A/C and radio and practically stuck my head out the window. I don't hear anything at all. I hear a brief low volumne hiss when shifting, but that's all.

Sponsored

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
It bleeds. Let's just all accept this fact and move on, fellas. I have an intake and hear it clearly. Futhermore, there's a clear change in boost and throttle response when the valve is bleeding vs closed.

I listened yesterday for the bleed while driving home. I turned off my A/C and radio and practically stuck my head out the window. I don't hear anything at all. I hear a brief low volumne hiss when shifting, but that's all.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
TBH, I never heard the constant bleed even when running the stock BPV. I do hear it actuate when it is supposed to, but for me the sound is pretty tame because I'm still using the factory airbox.

I have monitored the BPV opening and closing events via the Cobb AP both before and after the DV+ install and can see that the ECU is still commanding it to open under regular driving conditions, not just upon throttle transitions, I just don't hear that "constant" bleed because mine is still set-up to recirculate and not VTA.

Whether or not the valve still opens during cruising conditions that cause the constant hiss when the ECU commands it to IDK, since I never heard it anyway.

I just assume if the ECU tells it to open, it does indeed open since the valve is electronically actuated.
I may be a bit confused on how the DV+ works, but I thought that part of it's design was that it wouldn't always open when the ECU commanded it to. The extra spring creates pressure that keeps it shut so it only opens when actually needed. I remember reading that it would stay shut while driving while the stock BPV would open.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It bleeds. Let's just all accept this fact and move on, fellas. I have an intake and hear it clearly. Futhermore, there's a clear change in boost and throttle response when the valve is bleeding vs closed.
I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying I can't hear it. Maybe after I get the AirAid intake tube on today or tomorrow I'll hear it.

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Once the GFB internal plunger is opened by the factory solenoid the piston is no longer sealed from the inside and therefore the external boost pressure overpowers the limited internal piston pressure and forces it open. It might open less than the factory valve does, bit it still opens. The optional spring isn't there to provide extra holding force and is instead there to offer spring-back force for the piston to closer sooner after it is opened so as to not allow all of the boost pressure to escape like with the factory BPV. :cheers:

I may be a bit confused on how the DV+ works, but I thought that part of it's design was that it wouldn't always open when the ECU commanded it to. The extra spring creates pressure that keeps it shut so it only opens when actually needed. I remember reading that it would stay shut while driving while the stock BPV would open.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Once the GFB internal plunger is opened by the factory solenoid the piston is no longer sealed from the inside and therefore the external boost pressure overpowers the limited internal piston pressure and forces it open. It might open less than the factory valve does, bit it still opens. The optional spring isn't there to provide extra holding force and is instead there to offer spring-back force for the piston to closer sooner after it is opened so as to not allow all of the boost pressure to escape like with the factory BPV. :cheers:
Ok, I was mostly right then, lol. Thanks for the clarification.
Sponsored