Sponsored

GoFastBits DV+ BPV Upgrade impressions

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've had the DV+ on my car for almost a week now and thought I'd post impressions.

Since I drive a manual this seemed like a really nice part to add. I don't know if it's as valuable to automatic equipped cars, but for a manual there is a lot of boost drop during a shift.

The install was extremely easy. It took me around 15 minutes. It comes well packaged and the instructions are easy to follow. The hardest part was getting the stock valve out of the housing. My little hands couldn't get enough grip, so I used pliers to pop it out. I used an allen wrench for the screws. People with big hands might want something different.

As for driving, it made a nice difference. There used to be a little hesitation when pushing the gas to accelerate. That is gone now. It wasn't something that was very noticeable, but more of a 'didn't notice it till it was gone' type of thing.
The big difference, though, is in accelerating after a shift. The car feels 'stronger' than before. Like it's more eager to accelerate. It's not night and day, but it's a definite difference and makes the car more enjoyable to drive.

I would abosolutely recommend this to anyone with a manual wanting just a touch more oomph after a shift. As I said before, I don't know how much of a difference it would make for an automatic.
Sponsored

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Does it still bleed out when cruising on the highway? how does it sound?

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I haven't done any highway driving since putting it on. I believe it's meant to stop that behavior.
I haven't noticed a sound difference. Since I'm a V8 guy at heart, exhaust is what draws my ear. I've never bothered to listen to what the intake sounds like. I did drive with my window down for a bit after putting it in (to hear my new exhaust) and noticed that I could hear a quiet sssshhh when shifting at around 3k. Nothing like a BOV, though. I don't like BOV's, lol.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Does it still bleed out when cruising on the highway? how does it sound?
Yes, when the ECU commands it to open, it will still actuate and bleed pressure that is not needed. Much like a bpv on a PD blower.

However, under pressure it will hold greater pressure because of the design, therefore it does not leak. If the spring is installed it will also recover from throttle transitions and shifts much quicker and does not lose all of the positive pressure in the charge pipes and intercooler.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yeah with that new exhaust I'm sure you can't hear anything! ;)

Where did you get it from, right from GFB?

Basically this is modifying the stock BPV so it should sound the same. It's just replacing the guts with much higher quality components. It's too bad you can't hear it, It would be nice to know if it gets rid of that constant bleed the stock BPV does. I've always wondered if that was just the cheap plastic in the BPV.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes, when the ECU commands it to open, it will still actuate and bleed pressure that is not needed. Much like a bpv on a PD blower.

However, under pressure it will hold greater pressure because of the design, therefore it does not leak. If the spring is installed it will also recover from throttle transitions and shifts much quicker and does not lose all of the positive pressure in the charge pipes and intercooler.
Thanks for adding that, nice to hear from someone else that has it installed. So you can still hear it doing that constant bleed?

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What does the bleed sound like? I can listen for it today.

The internals of the stock valve are indeed cheap plastic. I was really afraid I'd break it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
What does the bleed sound like? I can listen for it today.

The internals of the stock valve are indeed cheap plastic. I was really afraid I'd break it.
You'll hear it going up a slight hill, so just a little load and very light pedal. It's a lower volume hissing noise. It is just a reduced sound from the boost bleed between shifts.

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I've got the DV+ installed and it does not bleed while cruising anymore. The ECU of course still will tell it to open, but my understanding is that the additional spring in the DV+ prevents it from opening in that situation.

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...upgrade-for-2014-fiesta-2015-ecoboost-mustang

"Even though the solenoid might be open, pressure in the charge pipe has to overcome the newly added second plunger (piston) spring. So even if your BPV wants to open during cruising, the piston will still be closed allowing for less venting that a lot of people are annoyed by, and quicker throttle response."

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've got the AirAid intake tube being delivered today. Will that amplify the sound?
No, it's a nice piece, still plastic like the stock so it doesn't heat soak and it flows better. You'll see the difference when you get it. Plus it eliminates the accordion near the filter which I'm sure introduces turbulence.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've got the DV+ installed and it does not bleed while cruising anymore. The ECU of course still will tell it to open, but my understanding is that the additional spring in the DV+ prevents it from opening in that situation.

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...upgrade-for-2014-fiesta-2015-ecoboost-mustang

"Even though the solenoid might be open, pressure in the charge pipe has to overcome the newly added second plunger (piston) spring. So even if your BPV wants to open during cruising, the piston will still be closed allowing for less venting that a lot of people are annoyed by, and quicker throttle response."
Nice! So where did you guys guy it from, right from GFB?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)