Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
That actually looks pretty darn nice!! :thumbsup:
Is that yellow or orange fury? The black roof most definitely adds beauty to this color. In fact the black roof adds a nice effect to most of the colors. I had ordered a ruby red GT PPP with the black roof and it looked outstanding. Unfortunately had to let it go due to a family event. Am now looking at this yellow and wondering if the yellow with black roof 2018 might be an alternative choice in the future, when things get back on track. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
IMG_1995.JPG

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
With that front ground clearence it will plow through the snow no problem!
Just another camera angle effect - no one's gonna be looking at the car from that perspective.

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Found a couple pilot prod '18s at the NMRA Ford Super Nationals in Columbus, OH on Saturday.

Orange Fury and Kona. OF was at the Ford Performance booth, the KB was snuck in the middle of the car show. Kona had recaros.

Initial thoughts (keep in mind, I am a bit biased because I plan on getting an '18) :D

• Great colors, both look great in the sun.
  • Don't like the groove on the deck lid panel
  • Don't like the tail although my brother liked it a lot.
  • The hood vents are much better looking on my '15. 'nuff said.
  • Front end looks mean. With the headlights it reminds me of an "Eagle"
  • It was the first time that my brother and dad saw the car, and both said "what's new?" I had to point out the differences between my car and the '18. I thought that was interesting.

I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of the FP tent for trying to get a good pic of the puddle light face (for Zombie's Sticker Shack.) I kept dropping down low on the other side of where the Ford peeps were, like I was trying to hide. :ninja:
IMG_9262.jpg
IMG_9261.jpg
IMG_9258.jpg
IMG_9257.jpg
IMG_9245.jpg
IMG_9242.jpg
IMG_9240.jpg
IMG_9259.jpg

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
At the end of the day 99% of people won't know the difference . For 30 hp jump it isn't worth going from a 15-17 to a 18 imo unless you really want a 10 speed for your die hard racing lol the front hood scoops area stuck on joke lol ford is digging themselves a grave by not releasing anything

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I should probably mention that I'm sure the OF I saw is the pilot production one that has been posted previously – Ford is obviously using it for events.

The KB looked a test mule (stickers), although I didn't see the OMGTURNITOFF big red kill button inside. :) Only conjecture on my part tho. :headbonk:

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Interesting that they put a red interior in a blue car. Is that actually a production combination?

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
At the end of the day 99% of people won't know the difference . For 30 hp jump it isn't worth going from a 15-17 to a 18 imo unless you really want a 10 speed for your die hard racing lol
I think the mechanical upgrades will be worth the wait but still much prefer the design of the 15. I agree though on the 10 speed, autos are bad enough without​ 10 drowning gears!

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Diggin that Red interior. Any more pictures?
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION] has better pics of the Red Recaro interior.

I think that Kona model is my exact spec if I go 18+

Edit - found one
Red Recaro.jpg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
At the end of the day 99% of people won't know the difference . For 30 hp jump it isn't worth going from a 15-17 to a 18 imo unless you really want a 10 speed for your die hard racing lol ...
I think the mechanical upgrades will be worth the wait but still much prefer the design of the 15. I agree though on the 10 speed, autos are bad enough without​ 10 drowning gears!
Seriously? You don't think that the 10-speed will help the car? Imagine no longer having to choose between MPG and acceleration.
What the Coyote needs is GEAR at the low end. No tune can make up for that fact.

Give me more gears between 0 and 110mph, and some leftover on top for best MPG. High-ratio-span gear set AND more HP is a big deal to me.

Throw in the multi-mode dash display, track-worthy suspension, and a functional wing in back for added stability during high-speed braking? Yes, please. An '18 is so more track-ready car than '15-17, with much less aftermarket shopping required.

(Gawd I hope I don't derail this front-end-styling thread to become another auto vs manual thread. :doh:)