Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I received an personal Email from Filip Trojanek from Cortex yesterday stating they are working on a Re-map and adjustable Magnaride controller. That's all I can say for now.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Funny you say all of this, because I have an all original 1956 F100 with original paint and drivetrain. With 27000 original miles and I've also considered S550 suspension on my truck. But it's to original and clean I can't bring myself to change it.
Your galaxie sounds pretty bad ass!!
I've used ridetech on a few customers cars. I'm building a 1967 nova II for a customer now. I custom built a complete 2x4 frame with 9" ford 3 link rear suspension and mustang II type front suspension. I've removed the complete floor pan, hand made formed floor pans, wheel tubs, firewall, core support, inner aprons, trans tunnel, stretched the rear wheel wells for the 315/35 rear tires.
I made it so the body can be removed from the frame (was originally a uni-body) it also no longer has the front removable clip (stock the front frame rails and clip bolted to the firewall) The frame rails I made are 1 piece fabricated instead of tube. Basically 4 pieces welded together and metal finished. Looks like hydro formed tube. The floor pan is double walled and will sandwich the wiring harness, brake lines, fuel lines and AC lines so everything is hidden and clean. Even looking under the car all you'll see is the frame and floor pan. No lines, wires, etc. I made beading dies for my pullmax to put 2-1/8" wide beads in the floor pans to stiffen the sheet metal but to also follow the frame rails and crossmembers and Frame X. I still have a ton to do and it eats up a lot of time.
I hand formed the wheel tubs, aprons, firewall, coresupport, and transmission tunnel by making bucks from MDF and hammer forming the metal to shape then using my planishing hammer to finish to a flawless finish.
It'll be powered by a new LS3 crate engine and a 4L80E trans.
Wish it was a Falcon lol.
He's a good customer and this is the 3 car my dad and I have done for him. 67 impala, 67 C10 and now this 67 Nova. Yeah I know he likes 67's lol.

Nice! I got to be friendly with Brian Finch when I lived in Nashville. That dude does a fair amount of stuff that you're talking about.

right after i finished my "finished" galaxie the first time, a lovely young lady of 13 borrowed dad's pickup truck and rearended the galaxie. Since then, I've been wanting to do chassis work to it as the stock frame is a noodle.

art morrison will sell you a nice chassis for 10 grand, or I could build my own with s550 suspension. :)

magneride on a 66 would be super awesome. I can make the corner weight and distribution almost identical to an R, thus custom magneride tunes would be sweet!

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
One of the biggest changes in suspension tuning the past few years is "compliance". So not only will its nice manners be welcomed on the street but also will allow for better track attitude. and if your a owners or have driven a 350/350R on the track they need alittle suspension tuning, and some help with rebound.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If your lap time can be improved by 2 seconds via suspension tuning, you're not consistent enough of a driver to worry about tuning anything.
I disagree. Suspension is one of the most important parts of the car. Very experienced/consistent drivers can easily drop time by improving their suspension setup, especially if they are riding on a basic/entry level setup.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I received an personal Email from Filip Trojanek from Cortex yesterday stating they are working on a Re-map and adjustable Magnaride controller. That's all I can say for now.
I spoke with Filip a couple of weeks ago and the subject of custom mapped factory dampers came up. All I can say is that with Filip involved I'm quite confident there will be a verifiable improvement potential. Great to see him immersed in this one.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree. Suspension is one of the most important parts of the car. Very experienced/consistent drivers can easily drop time by improving their suspension setup, especially if they are riding on a basic/entry level setup.
I agree but, 2 seconds is a lifetime in terms of lap times.

I don't believe shock tuning alone (magnaride tuning) will get that much off your lap time.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what @VoooDooo reports!

:cheers:

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
While I am very pleased with the overall ride/handling of my car I must admit I was expecting a more pronounced active suspension experience. I have a 2003 MBZ SL500 with Active Body Control. There is a particularly bumpy S-curve I drive daily on my way home. The Mercedes is completely unfazed whereas the Shelby tosses around pretty much like my Boss did. The Shelby also tends to hobby horse on some roads. It is actually quite evident in the Borla exhaust video. I too wil be interested in hearing the experiences of the early adopters.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
subscribed

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe someone can tune the dampers to make it more comfortable (or placebo) for THEM to go 2 seconds faster, but you're not going to make a pro like Randy go 2 seconds faster with magnitude tuning.
Why is that? You aren't really saying that suspension tuning doesn't affect the car's handling, are you?
Sponsored