Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=22912]Chef jpd[/MENTION] did you notice any significant increase in sound after cutting the air box resonator off?

Nice engine bay by the way John :headbang:
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22912]Chef jpd[/MENTION] did you notice any significant increase in sound after cutting the air resonator of?
Honestly , I noticed no difference. I just did it for aesthetics.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John. It doesn’t bother me at all, so if there is no impact on the turbo sound, I am not gonna touch it.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I posted this on another thread, but maybe someone here can help.

I am using the Boomba Racing adapter for a while and I really like the sound. However, I am about to install the GFB DV+ BPV upgrade. Unfortunately, I cannot combine the DV+ and the Boomba Racing adapter together due to lack of space. So, after I install the DV+, I will have to take out the Boomba Racing Adapter and simply remove the recirculation hose and do the chairleg mod, like some of you guys did.

Now, I have a tricky question: Does anyone know if there is any way to change the VTA sound after removing the recirc hose? I am looking for a whistling VTA sound. Is there some sort of an adaptor, something like a whistling trumpet that I could fit after I remove the recirc hose?
I guess what I am looking for would be something like the Go Fast Bits Blow Off Valve Whistling Trumpet: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...-valve-whistling-trumpet-attachment-low-boost

I am just looking for something that would attach directly at the charge pipe next to the BPV after removing the recirc hose.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I attached a breather filter to that pipe and it was a 1" ID on the filter.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I have seen this setup of yours John and I might also consider this alternative. However this breather filter is used just for aesthetics (as the compressed air is blown to the atmosphere and therefore nothing can get into the charge pipe).

What I am looking for is that characteristic whistling sound when the air is vented and I though that this whistling trumpet could do the job. I just need to know its outer diameter, because if it is the same as the internal diameter of the recirculating hose that we all have removed, then I could attach this trumpet on one side of a short hose and attach the other side of the sort hose onto the opening of the charge pipe. This way I suppose that I will be able to get the whistling VTA sound I am looking for :shrug:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I have seen this setup of yours John and I might also consider this alternative. However this breather filter is used just for aesthetics (as the compressed air is blown to the atmosphere and therefore nothing can get into the charge pipe).

What I am looking for is that characteristic whistling sound when the air is vented and I though that this whistling trumpet could do the job. I just need to know its outer diameter, because if it is the same as the internal diameter of the recirculating hose that we all have removed, then I could attach this trumpet on one side of a short hose and attach the other side of the sort hose onto the opening of the charge pipe. This way I suppose that I will be able to get the whistling VTA sound I am looking for :shrug:
Keep the venting under light-mild throttle too though. I'd like to see if your idea would work as I cannot stand the air brakes sound of the factory valve, but it might whistle a lot while driving.

But, there's only one way to tell, right? :headbang:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Correct! Let me see if I can implement it and I will let you know. I have already contacted GoFastBits asking them about the outer diameter of the trumpet. If I can fit it, then I will order it. It's very cheap, so I will simply remove it if I dont like the sound or if it whistles a lot while driving at constant speed, LOL!

I was just wondering if anyone has already used one of those whistling trumpets so I can get an idea about its size.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting description of this product on amazon:

You asked, GFB delivered. A full sweet of GFB Blow Off Valve Accessories. Whistling Trumpet A replacement trumpet that gives a different sound. Screw-in Block Off If you have a GFB blow-off valve with two outlets and want to plug one of them, this is the plug to use. It replaces either a trumpet or recirc outlet to effectively disable the venting port. On Hybrid valves for example, it is used to change from 50/50 to full atmosphere or full recirc venting, by plugging the appropriate outlet. It is also commonly used to plug the trumpet outlet of the Stealth FX and Deceptor Pro in order to pass roadworthiness examinations, by preventing the valve from ???easily??? being adjusted to atmosphere-venting. Inlet Adapter A large range of different sized screw-on bases for hose and pipe mounting universal blow-off valves. Model-Specific Adapter Vehicle specific adaptors for fitting universal blow-off valves Outlet Adapter A range of different sized screw-on plumb-back (recirc) fittings to suit all universal blow-off valves. Hose Plug Used for blocking off unused plumb-back hoses with full atmosphere-venting blow-off valves. Weld-on Adapter Available in a range of different materials and sizes for use in applications where the blow-off valve requires a fitting to be welded to the turbo plumbing. Springs Adjust the pressure of your BOV with a softer spring.

And a review:

not worth the money, does not make much of a difference in the blow off sound. Make a higher pitch woosh shound but no whistle-like sound

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Just to let you know, GFB got back to me. The whistling trumpet O.D. is 26.2mm (which is a bit over 1”), so it should push into the recirc hose on the Mustang. However, whether it will whistle or not they couldn’t say. They told me that the trumpet relies on air speed to generate the whistle, and if a certain air speed is not reached, it won’t work. According to the information they provided, the length of hose plays a role in the venting sound, and may well do the same for the whistling trumpet.

So I will use the shortest possible hose, just enough to attach the trumpet onto the venting opening of the charge pipe. Assuming that 100% of the air will be vented to atmosphere, I would say that I have good chances in obtaining the whistling sound I am looking for.

I will go ahead and order the product and I will let you know of the results once I put it on my car. They suggested that I buy the 5702 type, as it has a smaller internal diameter to speed the air up as it passes through.
Sponsored