Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2016 Camaro - Track Times Compared w/Video

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Why don’t you go back and re-read your own posts and explain exactly where you mention that your car never had a warranty.

On the subject, please explain how your car doesn’t have a drivetrain warranty when every other new car manufactured does. Just curious.
Did you read where I wrote that I purchased and installed a different transmission in my car than the one that came in it from the factory?
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Did you read where I wrote that I purchased and installed a different transmission in my car than the one that came in it from the factory?
I just went back and re-read....I still can't find any mention of you changing the transmission out. We could have save a lot of back and forth on this.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Spoiler alert... Results of Motor Trend head to head:

SS 1LE beats GTPP1 laptime by several seconds. Motortrend chooses 1LE as the winner.

Everyone here then complains that they should have compared it to a PP2 or a GT350.

Then the comments about no visibility and how you can't fix ugly come out and how it's ChevyTrend not Motor Trend.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Spoiler alert... Results of Motor Trend head to head:

SS 1LE beats GTPP1 laptime by several seconds. Motortrend chooses 1LE as the winner.

Everyone here then complains that they should have compared it to a PP2 or a GT350.

Then the comments about no visibility and how you can't fix ugly come out and how it's ChevyTrend not Motor Trend.
It’s like you came from the future. You don’t happen to drive a DeLorean do you?

I feel like we’ve seen this comparison before:
[ame]

-T

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
It’s like you came from the future. You don’t happen to drive a DeLorean do you?
No Delorean here. I have an SS 1LE... you know, the Supercar :). It hits 88 MPH without breaking a sweat and leaves flames for tire tracks.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No Delorean here. I have an SS 1LE... you know, the Supercar :). It hits 88 MPH without breaking a sweat and leaves flames for tire tracks.
Has the sticker pealed off the hood yet? Those things are so fast.:D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have a track pack transmission, lines and cooler in my tech pack GT350. I bought them from the local dealer. None of them are covered by warranty. The factory lines and cooler don't bolt up to a tech pack transmission and there is no pump in the tech pack transmission either.

I also have a rear diff cooler, pump and lines - all Ford parts and purchased from the local dealer and not covered by warranty.
I just went back and re-read....I still can't find any mention of you changing the transmission out. We could have save a lot of back and forth on this.
I added emphasis to my post to help you. I did think a few times about giving up on this; I'm sure you did as well.

The part that bugs me is the track pack GT350 transmission was factory equipment in other GT350s, but not mine. I don't understand why there's no warranty coverage on a factory Ford part. I try not to whine about it. Actually I'm mostly over it. However, I'm bringing it up in this thread to let others know that if you are buying a Ford product and Ford says you need coolers for the track - be careful as there might not be an easy path that retains full warranty and gives you a car that will stay cool on the track.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I added emphasis to my post to help you. I did think a few times about giving up on this; I'm sure you did as well.

The part that bugs me is the track pack GT350 transmission was factory equipment in other GT350s, but not mine. I don't understand why there's no warranty coverage on a factory Ford part. I try not to whine about it. Actually I'm mostly over it. However, I'm bringing it up in this thread to let others know that if you are buying a Ford product and Ford says you need coolers for the track - be careful as there might not be an easy path that retains full warranty and gives you a car that will stay cool on the track.
Haha, it's all in the wording. I don't think I've ever heard of a "track pack transmission".

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
In the dark ages, if you wanted to track a car, you bought something out of warranty, upgraded the brakes, upgraded the suspension, bought new wheels and tires, added coolers, and accepted the piss poor reliability of the experience and no warranty.

Now. We have other options.

That are plenty of vehicles (exhibit 1: Camaro SS 1LE at ˜$44K) that comes out of the factory with everything you need to track (great brakes, tires, suspension, seats, safety, cooling package). So you can drive it to work Mon-Fri, track it Sat and Sunday by doing nothing more than an alignment and maybe putting better pads, that a 10 year old can slide out of the Brembo calipers and replace.

That is the bar.

The owner above, having to get his brand new GT350 and change the transmission, adding coolers, and lines, voiding his warranty is barbaric.

People defending Ford's practice on it just have low standards, or really never intend to drive the PP2 like it was intended to be driven - on a road circuit.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Those guys are retarded, the Cobra R came out in '00. No camaro could touch that on the road course during that time.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
In the dark ages, if you wanted to track a car, you bought something out of warranty, upgraded the brakes, upgraded the suspension, bought new wheels and tires, added coolers, and accepted the piss poor reliability of the experience and no warranty.

Now. We have other options.

That are plenty of vehicles (exhibit 1: Camaro SS 1LE at ˜$44K) that comes out of the factory with everything you need to track (great brakes, tires, suspension, seats, safety, cooling package). So you can drive it to work Mon-Fri, track it Sat and Sunday by doing nothing more than an alignment and maybe putting better pads, that a 10 year old can slide out of the Brembo calipers and replace.

That is the bar.

The owner above, having to get his brand new GT350 and change the transmission, adding coolers, and lines, voiding his warranty is barbaric.

People defending Ford's practice on it just have low standards, or really never intend to drive the PP2 like it was intended to be driven - on a road circuit.
Under 40K* :cheers:

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Under 40K* :cheers:
As an HPDE instructors, cars like the Camaro 1LE are doing more for the sport than anything I have ever seen.

The fact that regular people can affordably buy these cars and take them straight to the track and then learn/get faster with no drama is a game changer.

Starting about a decade ago, you could do that with the Corvette Z06/Grand Sport, the Porsche Cayman/911 and BMW M3/M4/M2. But those cars were somewhat expensive.

The 1LE Camaro delivers a cars that costs roughly half of the crowd above and still hangs/beats them on the track.

Everyone had/has high hopes that the Ford would take the Mustang there. But they seem to always come up short. No Brembos on rear, no standard coolers (even on the mighty 2016 GT350), nickeling and diming from performance exhaust, Recaro seats, etc.

Very sad and unexplainable.

Why not have a single package, like 1LE, that gives you it all 6-pot front/4-pot rear brembos, wide/sticky tires, Recaro seats, performance exhaust, tight suspension with mag-shocks to make it livable on the street?

The formula is proven. Why can't Ford offer it?

P.S. Of course such a Mustang GT would immediately expose how poor the performance of the GT350 is. But hey that is progress.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think this is funny and sad that we need to compare the new Mustang with a Camaro that is two model years older? Doesn't anyone see the problem with this. The Camaro is the better performing car.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
. The Camaro is the better performing car.
it was, need to see some track times on road courses, but the 1/4 mile times are identical, ford is waiting i assume for the s650, maybe all aluminum few hundred lbs less would def make it a better/faster car

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think this is funny and sad that we need to compare the new Mustang with a Camaro that is two model years older? Doesn't anyone see the problem with this. The Camaro is the better performing car.
There's always someone faster. I don't think it's funny or sad. The Mustang has typically been a little slower and sold more.

I've driven both and I know which I prefer. The difference in performance is smaller than the difference between drivers - if you are into racing. I've never been in a timed race, so I'm not worried.
Sponsored