Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
The cops there don't mind if a driver decides to pull over on the left shoulder?
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i personally would never pull over on the highway, too dangerous, but some people are keen to.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The cops there don't mind if a driver decides to pull over on the left shoulder?
From what I understand, cops are very patient for you to drive (slowly) to anywhere you choose to stop.

So the offender could have gotten all the way over to the right shoulder, or even taken the next exit. That's what I would have done, because that left shoulder endangers the cop. We've all seen those other clip-a-cop videos.

He probably felt pressured to stop ASAP, plus there was all that heavy traffic.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Holy shit...you could see them pause and straighten out like they were going to do the right thing and try to avoid the accident. But then idiocracy won out.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
i didnt detect any radar. I didnt even know there was a cop holding everyone up until i saw the lights, and thinking he got a viper at first. But I laughed when it was the encore that was annoying us for the past few minutes.
One of those Tahoe's is using the Kustom Raptor K band gun. Dude totally blends in with all the blind spot monitoring systems until the last minute the Valentine will latch on to it. But it looks just like that one.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
From what I understand, cops are very patient for you to drive (slowly) to anywhere you choose to stop.

So the offender could have gotten all the way over to the right shoulder, or even taken the next exit. That's what I would have done, because that left shoulder endangers the cop. We've all seen those other clip-a-cop videos.

He probably felt pressured to stop ASAP, plus there was all that heavy traffic.
I see people chose to stop in the absolute worst areas possible, endangering both officer and themselves. I've seen just stopping in the right lane, the suicide lane (middle turn lane), hashed areas before a merge. It's just stupid.

The way I've always seen it explained is you need to acknowledge you are being pulled over, such as slowing down and turning on your hazards, and then finding a safe area to stop. I've been pulled over once in my life. I made sure to do what I said above and took the next exit (~1/2 mile) and stopped at a gas station. The officer fully understood why I didn't pull over immediately, thanked me for finding a well lit, safe spot for both of us, and simply gave me a warning.

Reactions: GTP

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
You've only been pulled over one time? Damn. I'm prob going on 15 or so, lifetime.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Google returns a lot of hits for left turns dangerous. Drivers get impatient, distracted, or their depth perception isn't very good, or who knows. This would be worse for a motorcycle. Most of the vehicles had their head lights turned on for a rainy day, except that vehicle.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
On the way in today debris in the road getting flung and then appear in the lane i was swerving back to. Look like concrete or motor from a bucket. This part of i65 in Birmingham is Fury Road, multiple times stuff has been out there like that.

[ame]

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
On the way in today debris in the road getting flung and then appear in the lane i was swerving back to. Look like concrete or motor from a bucket. This part of i65 in Birmingham is Fury Road, multiple times stuff has been out there like that.
Wow, good driving man. That was close.
Sponsored