Sponsored

Turbonetics twinscroll DBB direct swap turbo

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Honestly, for the price, I'd go with the Vargas Stage 2. The Stage 2 is slightly larger and $500 cheaper. Plus, it's available right now. Like Phil said, they've been saying this is going to be "coming soon" for over a year. It's looking like it's going to end up like the Cavalli turbo. We all see how that turned out.
+1 I highly recommend Vargas t2
Sponsored

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I'd believe it'd be a point of diminishing gains though. The VS2 will hit 28 psi at 3,000 rpms. There's only a couple mm difference in size (VS2 is larger), and truthfully, with these turbos still being on the smaller side, you wouldn't see the big difference between journal and ball bearing like you would on something larger, like a 6766. To me, the additional cost wouldn't provide anything worth justifying it unless you just really like Turbonetics or want it to be doing something different.
This is correct. You are not going to pick up anything in spool from the Ball Bearing unit here, our units already spool ridiculously fast. 450WTQ at 3000 RPM, I mean how many rods do you want bend..:) Where a BB unit shines is usually transient response. So for say a guy running a 6MT he might pick up a little bit of time between shifts by losing 1-2 less PSI through the shift. As for longevity. We released these going on 2 years ago, (time flies) we have shipped coming up on 200 units. We have zero confirmed failures from turbo issues. We had quite a few come back from damage from blown motors, etc. The turbonetics unit is a great looking piece, but it really offers no real world performance benefits over our unit, and costs more. :first:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is correct. You are not going to pick up anything in spool from the Ball Bearing unit here, our units already spool ridiculously fast. 450WTQ at 3000 RPM, I mean how many rods do you want bend..:) Where a BB unit shines is usually transient response. So for say a guy running a 6MT he might pick up a little bit of time between shifts by losing 1-2 less PSI through the shift. As for longevity. We released these going on 2 years ago, (time flies) we have shipped coming up on 200 units. We have zero confirmed failures from turbo issues. We had quite a few come back from damage from blown motors, etc. The turbonetics unit is a great looking piece, but it really offers no real world performance benefits over our unit, and costs more. :first:
I should stop coming on this side of the forum, the UK side is so much less "buy a turbo" enticing, over here I see a post and just want to have one :lol::lol::lol:

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you and even Turbonetics stated to me the MT82 guys would benefit more from their unit in the same sense, I am all for open and free markets and more development and products brought to the market is a good thing. All of the offerings to my knowledge (even non twin scroll) will produce similar power gains, with differences being mostly cost, time of labor for installs based on type of unit, and varying spool and recovery rates. So while yes it may offer little over your unit, as you stated it does offer some benefit, and more than likely it will offer same performance. At this point it will come down to cost per said performance.

I am not sure if there is a discussion here to be had on who has blown an engine here =) engine safety is a tune and driver issue, this is more just letting people know there are other options available. For one, unit availability sometimes is an issue as well as lead times. I purchased my MAP kit back in early 2016 specifically because there were no other kits available at that time, I believe even then your stage one was not even out yet. I had a window to do the work, so I went with what was out there.

And congrats on making it to two years btw, the general public may not grasp actually how hard that is to do...

Last edited:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I agree with you and even Turbonetics stated to me the MT82 guys would benefit more from their unit in the same sense, I am all for open and free markets and more development and products brought to the market is a good thing. All of the offerings to my knowledge (even non twin scroll) will produce similar power gains, with differences being mostly cost, time of labor for installs based on type of unit, and varying spool and recovery rates. So while yes it may offer little over your unit, as you stated it does offer some benefit, and more than likely it will offer same performance. At this point it will come down to cost per said performance.

I am not sure if there is a discussion here to be had on who has blown an engine here =) engine safety is a tune and driver issue, this is more just letting people know there are other options available. For one, unit availability sometimes is an issue as well as lead times. I purchased my MAP kit back in early 2016 specifically because there were no other kits available at that time, I believe even then your stage one was not even out yet. I had a window to do the work, so I went with what was out there.

And congrats on making it to two years btw, the general public may not grasp actually how hard that is to do...
HARD WORK And A Great PRODUCT :first:
The rest will fallow..

Thank you

Vargas turbos:headbang:
Sponsored