5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, not this again. Use the search function. We have gone though this topic a million times.

omg the world is going to end.......:crazy:
how bout you just don't click the link and keep your negativity to yourself. :thumbsup: as you can see many people are willing to chime in and share information. If you don't want to, just kick rocks.
:ford:
Sponsored

OP
OP
RangemasterP226

RangemasterP226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
omg the world is going to end.......:crazy:
how bout you just don't click the link and keep your negativity to yourself. :thumbsup: as you can see many people are willing to chime in and share information. If you don't want to, just kick rocks.
:ford:

Thanks for saying what I wanted to say, but as a new member didn't. :cheers:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I run 87 when commuting during the week then fill her up with 93 on the weekend when i let her rip! Either one is fine for the coyote, however if it were FI definetly only 93. But 87 in a stock 5.0 is not going to hurt anything.

OP
OP
RangemasterP226

RangemasterP226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Ok, the answer for me is this:

Tier 1 gas, Premium.

Thx everyone.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Gas Choices

I run Regular in my Ford Flex Family Box Car and Premium in my Mustang GT.
Family car gets the cheap stuff, my toy gets the best. ;)

Sponsored

Totally Bored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Premium.

I bought a GT and I want to feel every bit of power I can when I punch it. Will I notice the difference with 87 octane ? Don't know and don't care. Like someone said in this thread. The difference is only $150 a year.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
What are peoples opinions on the brand of fuel having an impact on quality? I know some people that never go to off brand or lower end fuel stations. We have one here called, "El Cheapo"

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What are peoples opinions on the brand of fuel having an impact on quality? I know some people that never go to off brand or lower end fuel stations. We have one here called, "El Cheapo"
Haha, I’ve seen el-cheapo! They have them around Clemson.

I would stick with Top-Tier stations only...and use the ones that have the most turnover (busiest). For me, it’s QT or Costco.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This is really an incredible thread.

Q: Why even bother with a Mustang, if you are not interested in performance?

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
A: you want a good looking coupe as your daily
Should have bought the EB if you’re going to commute and worry about how much fuel costs. [MENTION=25009]millhouse[/MENTION]

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
This is really an incredible thread.

Q: Why even bother with a Mustang, if you are not interested in performance?
If performance were my (and every other person in here’s) number one concern, I would have purchased a Camaro. I’ve had two 10 second daily driver mustangs so far and sold them, so performance isn’t obviously my number one concern.

Should have bought the EB if you’re going to commute and worry about how much fuel costs. [MENTION=25009]millhouse[/MENTION]
Because the EB is no quicker than my stock 89 notchback...and I will never purchase a 4cyl mustang.

If fuel costs were my number one concern, I would have purchased a Prius.

You seem to think those that chose 87 octane can’t afford 93...which couldn’t be farther from the truth. I choose items on a daily basis that make a difference to me. I like good craft beer, and corn fed buttery prime ribeye. 93 octane on my 16GT doesn’t do jack shit for me on a daily basis, so why would I chose to throw $600 a year away on it?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
These are both good posts with real numbers. What I see is basically zero difference between 87 and 91. 6 or 9 HP is nothing. It won't make your car slow or fast.

You see no difference in those GRAPHS, because you are unable to see what that graphs are telling you. Laymanistically?, it means over time you don't have to step on the pedal harder, or deeper into slightly higher rpms, because you now have a more efficient engine, due to burn.

ie: The engine runs more efficient, therefore it has more performance too. It's benefits are two-fold. 91/93 Octane should have already been a pre-buying decision and accepted cost. That is, if you want/expect your Mustang to be as Ford intended, capable of delivering on a daily basis.

Mr Hack ?, .. it seems You are strictly looking/arguing about the cost at the pump, and not weighing all the factors that go along with premium fuel. Go on, put a full tank of 93 and fill it to the rim. Treat your horse to a good meal and come back and let us know, plz..

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering how many of the 87 crowd add things like an Air Oil Separator, a CAI or an exhaust... Cuze really they don't do anything either performance wise(exhaust does add sound at least..but the cost).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.