Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The only time I used it... when the tire shop is a 1/4 mile from your house and your about to get new tires mounted... :D But now i'm super jealous because I don't have a burnout happening on my speedo either! Feel totally ripped off.

[ame]
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It's funny how you feel as if your opinion makes others wrong. :lol:

I still think it doesn't look good in any profile that shows the front of the car because I just have particular things that bother me when it comes to angles and how things flow.

Sales will show the popularity of the new style. Just like everything some will like it, some wont, and it will eventually grow on others. To me, every car needs some sort of aftermarket help to perfect it. Unless we are talking high dollar cars. Once people start lowering them, blacking things out, adding new bumpers, i will probably have a different opinion myself however stock does nothing for me yet.
I'm less hyperbolic in my assessment. Overall, it still clearly is an S550, and about 99% of the public won't be able to tell the difference. Like - headlights, lowered hood, rear end. Don't like - lower grill. Need to see hood vents, but pictures don't look great. Overall, pretty much a wash.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's funny how you feel as if your opinion makes others wrong. :lol:
Sort of like many of the folks in this thread who have loudly and repeatedly professed their hate for all things 2018 front-end?

Sponsored

at_t_2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Fiero GT, 1989 Turbo TA, 2002 TA, 2008 Vette
I was able to get a look at the ordering guide companion and I see that the Torsen differential and optional gear are no longer listed as part of the GT Performance Package for 2018. Is the lack of those items a big deal to somebody like myself who does not track the car other than an occasional couple of passes at the drag strip? I appreciate your patience with me since I am new to the Mustang community.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I was able to get a look at the ordering guide companion and I see that the Torsen differential and optional gear are no longer listed as part of the GT Performance Package for 2018.
Fleet preview guide indicates that the LSD is now standard on all models. It does not specify Torsen but I can't see why that would change.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to get a look at the ordering guide companion and I see that the Torsen differential and optional gear are no longer listed as part of the GT Performance Package for 2018. Is the lack of those items a big deal to somebody like myself who does not track the car other than an occasional couple of passes at the drag strip? I appreciate your patience with me since I am new to the Mustang community.
Are you talking about the fleet order guide that has been out for a while? That doesn't have enough detail to draw any conclusions from.

at_t_2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Fiero GT, 1989 Turbo TA, 2002 TA, 2008 Vette
Are you talking about the fleet order guide that has been out for a while? That doesn't have enough detail to draw any conclusions from.
No, I am referring to the document that the dealers received a few days ago. I'm not sure of the official name, but it details what is contained in the GT Performance Package, Black Accent Package, and Carbon Sport Interior Package.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I am referring to the document that the dealers received a few days ago. I'm not sure of the official name, but it details what is contained in the GT Performance Package, Black Accent Package, and Carbon Sport Interior Package.
Link or scan/post. If nothing else it would provide something that isn't quite a dead horse left to beat.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Link or scan/post. If nothing else it would provide something that isn't quite a dead horse left to beat.
He's talking about the document that the other dealer people talked about 2 days ago in this thread, but said they weren't allowed to share it as it's dealer-only right now and would put their jobs in jeopardy.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
He's talking about the document that the other dealer people talked about 2 days ago in this thread, but said they weren't allowed to share it as it's dealer-only right now and would put their jobs in jeopardy.
I always thought having a job is overrated.... share, share, share!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What this thread needs is more people saying how ugly the 2018 is, how it's growing on some, how we need power figures and how it's insane we still don't have stats on it.

That'll show Ford.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What this thread needs is more people saying how ugly the 2018 is, how it's growing on some, how we need power figures and how it's insane we still don't have stats on it.

That'll show Ford.
Who needs the other 311 pages, eh? :D
Sponsored