Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Is the change in feel really different? I was pretty convinced I'd go without Magnaride if I got a 2018 (depending on the cost). The base model Shelby I drove without it still seemed really great. Haven't driven one with Magnaride yet.
Not sure how different the magnaride is vrs the Lincoln Drive Control: CCD which CCD states it's engineered for a dynamic ride, adapts to the driver's mood with three-mode adaptive suspension ... continuously controlled damping (CCD) with a series of 12 advanced sensors read 46 different driving inputs and adjust to the road up to 20 times per second - faster than the blink of an eye. Adjusts the suspension in milliseconds, you can set the vehicle to Comfort, Normal or Sport mode to fit your mood CCD helps protect against jarring impacts and costly wheel repairs caused by potholes.

The reason I mention this is I have a Lincoln with CCD. The ride is is indeed noticeable between all three modes. Comfort is slightly spongy with more up/down movement on bouncy roads, normal is semi soft/semi stable ride, sport definitely firms up the ride and is significantly less bouncy and more flat feeling.

I know the magnaride would obviously be more tuned to the mustang aka sports car and be more tight relative to the Lincoln, but I'm guessing for the purpose of your question that yes, you will notice the differences. If it's worth the additional cost when they finally tell us the cost it will simply be how you intend to drive the car. Simply as a daily driver (won't need it) or as a variable use car with daily and track etc. (probably should get it).
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Is that a Euro Version of the Pony Package with Chrome?
In the U.K. it came as an added bonus when you ordered all the options available here as a special package.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
That does look bad ass!

It's is a bit of mish mash of models. No 5.0 side badges yet has GT grill with the fangs, and Pony emblem in rear when euro spec stangs got the faux fuel cap.
Not to mention those weird exhaust tips.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I don't even think [MENTION=14968]4 ROUSH[/MENTION] has read this thread. We already know when ordering starts and when production starts and when you [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] have stated power increase will be >5%.

I remember last year when I found that Union article about Ford almost going with a 4.8L but they hit their efficiency goals with the new DPI 5.0 that now has spray cylinder liners. People were still questioning wether it was going DPI and if it was staying a 5.0
I had read the thread. 7/17/17 order banks ready, production early October. From what i was told those dates can be pushed back. Current model orders made till 6/30/17. Factual numbers will soon be seen . Lets get to the online configurator already.............:headbang:;)

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
475 or nothing!:paddle:

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
I would love 470, but can live with 460
I think Ford has already told us unofficially that it will be 455. There are other significant numbers in this image, 289 - the displacement of the first V8. 1964.5 - the first model year. I wouldn't be surprised if 455 is the HP rating.

While I'm hopeful that it will be higher, like 475, I'm doubtful.

Honestly I'd rather they took out 75-100 pounds than add any more power. Either way, I will be happy, the engine makes plenty of power and I doubt I'll feel the difference between 455 and 475.

E6RwNiG.jpg

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I think Ford has already told us unofficially that it will be 455. There are other significant numbers in this image, 289 - the displacement of the first V8. 1964.5 - the first model year. I wouldn't be surprised if 455 is the HP rating.

While I'm hopeful that it will be higher, like 475, I'm doubtful.

Honestly I'd rather they took out 75-100 pounds than add any more power. Either way, I will be happy, the engine makes plenty of power and I doubt I'll feel the difference between 455 and 475.

E6RwNiG.jpg
475 Hp / 455 Tq :headbonk:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
E6RwNiG.jpg
The thing is, that same image also shows 470, so who knows

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The thing is, that same image also shows 470, so who knows
470 could be a special edition such as the Bullit.
Sponsored