Sponsored

How much power are people losing with false knock??

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So as some of you know I was having issues with my car after a my car was in a accident. car made 405rwhp with long tubes airaid intake mbrp exhaust and aed tune. We never could figure out the problem so I removed all my parts to sell them. After I removed the headers I noticed a couple scrapes and Knicks. And the ac stud was removed at installation so none of the marks are from that. I saw it pulling between 4-6 degrees of timing at one point but was told it was bad gas. Here are some pics of my headers after removal
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Put them back on .... Check the clearances and load it up with E85
I know man! Lol I think I'm gonna, I'm just afraid I'm gonna waste money and get the same results again.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
as he said reinstall with proper clearance and e85. I was seeing 6* and was losing huge power to false knock with the blower.

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
In a way, it is nice you found this. Now you can get back to kicking ass.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
In a way, it is nice you found this. Now you can get back to kicking ass.
Yeah the bad thing is that I sold off a bunch of parts before I found out it was probably my whole problem. All I have left is my headers and exhaust so now I have to buy another intake tuner and tune.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Couple of questions,
What brand of headers?
Did you make the 405 with the false knock or was the false knock later down the road?
I had the same exact set-up as you. I had Kooks LT's, MRBP CB, Airaid, Bama tune and i put down 405/373 - look familiar? Since, i switched to JLT, Lund FF, and have the Ngauge. I can tell a big diff in the butt dyno, will be back on the real dyno in a month or so. I have the Ngauge setup to show knock - so far all the readings i have seen are from 0 to -6.8. From what I understand - numbers are adding timing so thats a good thing.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Couple of questions,
What brand of headers?
Did you make the 405 with the false knock or was the false knock later down the road?
I had the same exact set-up as you. I had Kooks LT's, MRBP CB, Airaid, Bama tune and i put down 405/373 - look familiar? Since, i switched to JLT, Lund FF, and have the Ngauge. I can tell a big diff in the butt dyno, will be back on the real dyno in a month or so. I have the Ngauge setup to show knock - so far all the readings i have seen are from 0 to -6.8. From what I understand - numbers are adding timing so thats a good thing.
I have stainless works headers. Yeah those numbers are close I had a little more torque but it could have just been different dynos. One of my problems was that the only way my car gained power was from removing the speed limiter and raising the rev limit my tuner couldn't gain any power and couldn't figure out why. I'm gonna go with another intake maybe the airaid race or jlt and get a ngauge along with th ff tune and see what happens.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It's hard to tell from the pics, where were the headers rubbing?

You only had issues AFTER the accident? How bad was the accident?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It's hard to tell from the pics, where were the headers rubbing?

You only had issues AFTER the accident? How bad was the accident?
Yes I only had issues after the accident and the accident wasn't extremely bad. Minor front end damage most of the damage was to the rear of the car. But the stainless works headers already run so close to the frame rail I don't think it took much to push the k-member over a bit more and cause the rubbing. Seems like it was rubbing on the frame rail and possibly on the ac stud that I cut down but never removed.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the engine slide over after the accident? The motor mounts are notched so the engine can be adjusted left and right from centerline. Install the headers again and prybar that thing to the driver's side!!!! :headbang:

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Maybe the engine slide over after the accident? The motor mounts are notched so the engine can be adjusted left and right from centerline. Install the headers again and prybar that thing to the driver's side!!!! :headbang:
Yeah it definitely pushed the motor or the the whole k-member over so that's my plan reinstall and pry where needed and hope it turns out to be the problem!! Lol