Sponsored

Do lowering spring Void your extended warranties?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a brand 2017 mustang GT. I was thinking of lowering it a little. It’s my first time lowering or doing spring on one of my cars.

I Purchase a Ford 100,000 extended warranty and any troubles with it.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have a brand 2017 mustang GT. I was thinking of lowering it a little. It’s my first time lowering or doing spring on one of my cars.

I Purchase a Ford 100,000 extended warranty and any troubles with it.

Thanks for any help
It should only void the warranty on suspension items.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Nope. Just any suspension bits that break due to an improper spring install. Example, struts may wear out faster, so that will likely not be covered by Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Would it help if i got springs like BMR and had them installed at the ford dealership?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The aftermarket parts will still void the same parts of the warranty if they are determined to the cause, whether you install it or have the dealer install. If it's the dealer and they guarantee it won't void it, have them put it in writing but it's more of them leaving certain details out when they put the claim in to Ford.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Would it help if i got springs like BMR and had them installed at the ford dealership?
Ford won't install non-Ford parts. If you want Ford to install them and warranty them then you'll have to buy Ford Performance parts.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Ford won't install non-Ford parts. If you want Ford to install them and warranty them then you'll have to buy Ford Performance parts.
Depends on your dealer and your relationship with them. There are plenty that are willing to make money on labor hours.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Depends on your dealer and your relationship with them. There are plenty that are willing to make money on labor hours.
agreed with this, i know mine does for the labor costs. there a business to make money, if its a quality part im sure they wont have any issue putting it on

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
My dealership tried to blame failed strut bearings on my springs, but they were caught in a half-dozen idiotic lies and realized they were going to relent or be facing far greater problems for themselves.
Sponsored