Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
There is nothing wrong with carbon fiber in a mustang/muscle car. Imho carbon fiber is very sleek and clean looking. Easy to wipe down and keep clean. It does bring a modern look if you don't like that maybe the engine turned look will suit you better!
+1 Which is why FMC sells both!!
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There is nothing wrong with carbon fiber in a mustang/muscle car. Imho carbon fiber is very sleek and clean looking. Easy to wipe down and keep clean. It does bring a modern look if you don't like that maybe the engine turned look will suit you better!
It's just a decoration - some like it, some not, I personally don't get the orgasm most people get with the carbon composites. Where it makes technical / performance sense - sure. Decoration - whatever you want, but it doesn't make it any better or cooler.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I don't get the carbon fiber fetish either but it doesn't bother me as much as alcantara. I don't understand why people prefer alcantara over leather. It's cheaper to produce than leather, wears worse than leather and looks like absolute crap after a year or so (especially on steering wheels and shifters). Just my 2 cents, but to each their own.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I don't get the carbon fiber fetish either but it doesn't bother me as much as alcantara. I don't understand why people prefer alcantara over leather. It's cheaper to produce than leather, wears worse than leather and looks like absolute crap after a year or so (especially on steering wheels and shifters). Just my 2 cents, but to each their own.
Thats easy...grip. Alcantara is easy to take care of as well, no harder than leather seats.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thats easy...grip. Alcantara is easy to take care of as well, no harder than leather seats.
I suppose, but I've never had problems with gripping a steering wheel ever, even during my few track drives. Seats are one thing but alcantara steering wheels are almost impossible to keep nice unless you always wear gloves. The oils from your hands ruin alcantara.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I suppose, but I've never had problems with gripping a steering wheel ever, even during my few track drives. Seats are one thing but alcantara steering wheels are almost impossible to keep nice unless you always wear gloves. The oils from your hands ruin alcantara.
My 350 wheel still looks and feels like new after over a year but i am usually terrified of holding onto the alcantara for more than a few seconds. I usually drive with my hands on the bottom leather portion and have been known to wear gloves on long road trips. :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Here are the pics in full resolution, so you don't have to go to their strange web gallery :)

I can imagine that these are rendering of Fords build & price configurator for the 18
2018-Ford-Mustang-Coupe-101.jpg
2018-Ford-Mustang-Coupe-102.jpg
2018-Ford-Mustang-Coupe-103.jpg

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Alcantara has some advantages over leather, but then so do most fabrics. What I find remarkable about Alcantara is how a Japanese company (Toray Industries) took Ultrasuede (TM) spun off an Italian company (Alcantara) and took what started as a cheap microfiber suede knock-off and managed to successfully market it as a premium product. I don't have a car with Alcantara, but people seem to like it. That being said it should be cheaper than leather, comparable to cloth.

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
Definitely not easier to clean Alcantara. Plus when it wears, it looks like shit.
As it wears, properly cared for leather can last for years and look good, while Alcantara looks worn out and really tacky, and I'd rather clean spilled coffee from leather than Alcantara...