Sponsored

Build Week - 09/28/15

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
This car and dealer is actually closer to me than the dealer I am working with. I drive by the car every day I my way to and from work.....

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I would just go buy it and get your car before winter blows in.
Sponsored

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
Worse part is that I am in Vegas right now and there are convertible S550's everywhere I turn! They are almost all V6's, but look good none the less.

GT5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Unbelievable. I wonder how many special orders got cancelled? The only thing holding us back from cancelling is the desire to not have someone else driving around in our custom ordered car in our small town. Who knows though? Maybe we'll find a deal we can't pass up when we're in Sac this weekend. ... seriously getting tired of waiting. ... especially with no incentive to continue.
That is an excellent point. After all this to watch it driving around here would piss me off to no end, especially with my hot ex-girlfriend in the passenger seat! I've only seen one S550 on the road and it was a mag V6 vert, not that there's anything wrong with that. The only thing that keeps me holding on is that it's mine.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I understand that mine has escaped flat rock and is on its way to the port at Baltimore.
The recall notice has also disappeared and I think that they may have given priority to the ones still at the factory especially possibly the export ones
One more hurdle jumped !!

TurboGlen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glen
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium MT PP - Adam Tune, FFTEC IC, MMR CIA
Anyone hear anymore details regarding our recalled cars?

Many dealer told me Ford confirmed to them the fix would be "released" on November 30th, but parts wouldn't be available to fix the car until the 2nd week of December.

The best info I have been able to find has been on safecar.gov Click on the links for associated documents. Not a whole lot more info than what everyone has been hearing from the dealers.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=15V707000&refurl=rss

Sponsored

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Update on clutch: They told me they would make a ford warranty claim and I would hear from them Monday. Monday, they told me they couldn't make a warranty claim without fixing the car. I would need to give authorization for $1,500 to fix the car and then the warranty claim would be made. Wednesday, the mustang is fixed and you can pay $1,500 now and take the car home or wait 2-3weeks until we send the parts to Dearborn. I feel like they are just trying to screw me over and force me to pay out of pocket. All they did was resurface the flywheel/pressure plate and install a new clutch disc/slave cylinder. Is it true you have to pay and wait 2-3weeks for Fords reimbursement? This mustang has brought nothing but problems for me.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on clutch: They told me they would make a ford warranty claim and I would hear from them Monday. Monday, they told me they couldn't make a warranty claim without fixing the car. I would need to give authorization for $1,500 to fix the car and then the warranty claim would be made. Wednesday, the mustang is fixed and you can pay $1,500 now and take the car home or wait 2-3weeks until we send the parts to Dearborn. I feel like they are just trying to screw me over and force me to pay out of pocket. All they did was resurface the flywheel/pressure plate and install a new clutch disc/slave cylinder. Is it true you have to pay and wait 2-3weeks for Fords reimbursement? This mustang has brought nothing but problems for me.
Why a new slave cylinder? Is that maybe what caused the issue?

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
I can't believe they are going to hold your car hostage. That is ridiculous. It is a new car... It is covered under warranty. Period.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would saw that it is their responsibility to prove that it was from abuse rather than yours to prove that the parts are bad. I would demand they provide proof or involve the BBB and escalate it with Ford directly.

Sponsored

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Why a new slave cylinder? Is that maybe what caused the issue?

Yeah, I was wondering why they replaced the slave cylinder/bearing when the clutch disc was what was damaged. They sent the ford warranty claim and they said I should receive a refund. This is after ford gets the parts which they told me they don't know how long it will take. I paid $1,528 and have to hope that ford warranty doesn't mess this up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
Sooo, everyone got their car?
Ha tomorrow is the day of truth. Either the problem can get fixed soon or we're stuck waiting for parts.

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha tomorrow is the day of truth. Either the problem can get fixed soon or we're stuck waiting for parts.
If you look closely at the letters from Ford, they all say "' the week of Nov 30th". I went to my dealer yesterday to go over the car and have them fix some cosmetic issues before the recall is complete. They didn't have any updates and were looking to me to provide an update. Apparently I get information quicker through this forum than what they get from Ford.

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
Sooo, everyone got their car?
Not yet... Mine ended its rail journey almost a week ago and is just sitting (again), this time at the port, waiting for a truck to bring it to the dealership.

But I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they said that tomorrow they will try to just go to the port and get the damn thing themselves if it's not on a truck in the morning.

At least my car seems to have had the recall taken care of before it left the plant.
Sponsored