19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Performance pack
Digital dash
Magne ride
Variable exhaust
10 speed
Every option.

What an f'n car.
Way faster then my stock gt 6a. Not even close.
Handling was incredible
10a in drag mode.. damn damn damn
I drove the car 10 miles and I know people..they told me they had all ready beat on the car as first one in..so told me i could beat on it as well..
So I got about 9 or 10 launches in.. a few hard corners..

I dont like the new hood as much as I like mine. From outside or sitting inside car I like older hood better. Only complaint.

Say at sticker of 51k could get for 48k..
Real question is it worth the 16k more then what I paid for my 17gt premium 6a new...

Part of me thinks it might have actually be worth the extra 16k...
Wouldn't make sense for me as Im putting 30k miles a year on mine..so too much money for a car in going to drive into the ground..
But if I didn't have my Shelby or 56..and this was my.weekend car..i would pay the extra 16k.

Well.. time to add pp3 and 3.55s to my car.. lol call it close enough.. think acceleration wise..that will get me close lol
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Performance pack
Digital dash
Magne ride
Variable exhaust
10 speed
Every option.

What an f'n car.
Way faster then my stock gt 6a. Not even close.
Handling was incredible
10a in drag mode.. damn damn damn
I drove the car 10 miles and I know people..they told me they had all ready beat on the car as first one in..so told me i could beat on it as well..
So I got about 9 or 10 launches in.. a few hard corners..

I dont like the new hood as much as I like mine. From outside or sitting inside car I like older hood better. Only complaint.

Say at sticker of 51k could get for 48k..
Real question is it worth the 16k more then what I paid for my 17gt premium 6a new...

Part of me thinks it might have actually be worth the extra 16k...
Wouldn't make sense for me as Im putting 30k miles a year on mine..so too much money for a car in going to drive into the ground..
But if I didn't have my Shelby or 56..and this was my.weekend car..i would pay the extra 16k.

Well.. time to add pp3 and 3.55s to my car.. lol call it close enough.. think acceleration wise..that will get me close lol
Think what you could do to a 17 GT with 16k. Is it still worth it?

This is the main reason why I did not get a 2018 when I had the option to wait it out for one.

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In my opinion, it's definitely not worth 16k. Take like 8k of that, go FI and kill most things on the road. And u save 8k in the process.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Throw some coils/sway bars along with a whipple/tvs/twin turbo on that thing and you would destroy the new 18 in any sort of acceleration or turning race.

So the question is better put...is the dash (which is pretty much the only thing you can't swap right now) worth spending the same amount of money for a considerably slower car (eg. stock 18 vs. modded 17)?

OP
OP

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Think what you could do to a 17 GT with 16k. Is it still worth it?

This is the main reason why I did not get a 2018 when I had the option to wait it out for one.
It's the 10 speed auto. In drag mode ...i think the difference in acceleration numbers is 90% that transmission vs. The extra power.

I dont care if it gets confused in some partial throttle situations. Drag mode with the 10a was very very good.

I have driven a roush supercharged 17 pp car.. and I dont think it was that much faster then the 18 I drove..

When I say the 18 was faster then my 6a car..i mean seriously its not even remotely close.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
$16k more?!! Not just no, but heck no. The honeymoon stage of any car will be like this. Once the newness wears off and you have one heck of a car payment, will you still be happy with your decision. I don't understand people who trade cars in every year or two unless it's leased. That type of person has more money than brains. Oh wait, stupidity, seems like the typical American these days. Nevermind.

OP
OP

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I should add with the supercharged pp car on slicks it would be faster then the 18 but street tire to street tire where traction is an issue.. that's where I think it will be closer

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
As much as i like the MY18, for the amount of money i would lose trading it in for one, i can just boost mine and be happier.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I should add with the supercharged pp car on slicks it would be faster then the 18 but street tire to street tire where traction is an issue.. that's where I think it will be closer
I would imagine most "racing" you do on the streets would be highway pulls where a modded boosted 17 would kill it. I guess if you're doing dig races from light to light the 17 with street tires might not be able to be launched at its full potential.

And nothing some 305 MPSS tires won't help with...and still in the budget over buying a new 18.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's the 10 speed auto. In drag mode ...i think the difference in acceleration numbers is 90% that transmission vs. The extra power.

I dont care if it gets confused in some partial throttle situations. Drag mode with the 10a was very very good.

I have driven a roush supercharged 17 pp car.. and I dont think it was that much faster then the 18 I drove..

When I say the 18 was faster then my 6a car..i mean seriously its not even remotely close.
With the money you could put into suspension, drag slicks, tuning, and a supercharger, that 2018 would be in the rear view mirror. 10 speed isn't going to help you there.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
With all the options that was on the 18, I think that is why he said what he is speaking about.

PP1 package
Mag rid
Active Exhaust
Digital dash.

Al of those things plus the gen 3 5.0. It can make one pause for sure. If you have a 16 or 17 stock, your putting in quite a few things to get to that level of performance and sound, and unless you can wrench it yourself you will not come out that far ahead. I would say a cat back, and fr3 suspension or better....BMR, Steeda, but your still not touching the 10 spd..digital dash, it a interesting thought.

The 18 with a power adder is going to be VERY interesting....10spd with a Gen3 Whipple ? ATI ? Vortech/Paxton..TT????? Man you'll be whipping GT500's at that stage..hell even modded ones.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
With the money you could put into suspension, drag slicks, tuning, and a supercharger, that 2018 would be in the rear view mirror. 10 speed isn't going to help you there.
Mod vs Mod...same on a 10spd 18 GT and hmmm. Remember modding equates to who spends the most money and have their set optimized to the fullest.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Mod vs Mod...same on a 10spd 18 GT and hmmm. Remember modding equates to who spends the most money and have their set optimized to the fullest.
Of course mod vs mod the 18 will kill any 15-17...but remember the starting difference in price is 16k between the two, and I believe that one was one of the OP's comments if that price is worth it.

Once you spend 16k to get the 17GT up to the same price as the 18GT, there's no comparison to which wins in terms of performance. So the only real difference is the automatic and nice dash.

Personally, those 2 items are not worth it to have a 12 second car vs. a mid 10 second car.

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sure but with the '18, you're starting out with a 16k more expensive car.