Sponsored

Trunk storage bin ideas?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone want to share any ideas of trunk storage containers/bins? When I go food shopping, my stuff gets tossed around a bit in the trunk. Don't really want a net, but maybe a box of some sort that has high walls? Thanks!!
Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Amazon.

Search: "trunk storage bins"

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
I have one of the cargo net things. I keep my reusable grocery bags in the net so they're not all over the goddamn trunk. (Thanks so much, California. I'm so glad we can't have plastic bags at the grocery store anymore.)

Other than that I don't find that the groceries really roll around as long as I kinda loosely tie up the bags before putting them in the trunk.

Maybe don't take corners at 60MPH when there's stuff in the trunk? :D

Also I have one of those rubber trunk mats. It's kinda grippy, helps keep stuff from sliding around back there. Also, if something spills or breaks it doesn't end up in the trunk carpeting, which would piss me straight off.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I use a few milk crates I got from work. Cleaned them off and use those stupid reusable bags you get at the grocery store in California.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snap-On-870116-21-Inch-Car-Trunk-Tool-Carrier/22125805

not that I would buy from walmart... but I can't find it posted elsewhere for the same 35$ I paid.

pretty legit for a little trunk organization. it can only hold a few grocery bags if that's what you have in mind. I tote around misc. detailing supplies and dog stuff and leave an open pocket for a grocery bag. it has velcro on the bottom to help grip and doesn't move around.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Cargo net from Amazon, it was for another vehicle so it was much cheaper than the "Mustang" version. I also have a large Hefty 66 quart plastic storage tote from Lowes (<$10), it's secured with bungee cords in the back of the trunk. It holds bulky items like jumper cables and loose odds and ends I don't want rolling around.

51Vm1nJX7AL._SX355_.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I got a cargo trunk container. It has dividers and pockets everywhere. Good value. If you are interested, I can get you an Amazon link. Works great for groceries, tools, blankets, storage, etc.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I have a net and one of those plastic crates from Walmart. Needed since I removed my seat backs to enjoy the sub and exhaust notes.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snap-On-870116-21-Inch-Car-Trunk-Tool-Carrier/22125805

not that I would buy from walmart... but I can't find it posted elsewhere for the same 35$ I paid.

pretty legit for a little trunk organization. it can only hold a few grocery bags if that's what you have in mind. I tote around misc. detailing supplies and dog stuff and leave an open pocket for a grocery bag. it has velcro on the bottom to help grip and doesn't move around.
Hard to believe snap on has anything for 35 bucks

I'll have to try to remember to stop by the truck next time he comes

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just went to the dollar store and got a big tub. The tub moves around but not much.

My Mercedes had this option (which I got) where you can get a rubber mat that has a sort of Lego-like surface and a tub that would sort of lock in. That worked awesome. Unfortunately, the car would go into a limp mode on long highway drives, so... gone.

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Plastic tote - you decide the size based on your needs and budget
Sponsored