Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just bought a new cowl induction hood for the 15. One more reason not to trade.
Sponsored

Storm75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V-6 Convertible
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get to see Royal Crimson and Kona Blue on convertibles before I order...those are the two colors on my radar. I'd like to sample the active exhaust as well. I've never ordered a new car in the past. They always came out of inventory, so I want to be damn sure I get what I want.
Tom-

I saw a Royal Crimson convertible, top down, with the light colored interior (Camel?). I deemed it the best looking Mustang I had ever seen, and I go all the way back to the intro on April 20, 1964.

Have you seen one?

Mike

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
The 2018 Mustang haters are gonna have a field day if the numbers come in really low.
I'm definitely not a 2018 hater, and really was wanting to order one, but due to the delay in Ford providing the info. necessary to make an educated decision decided to order the 2017 with the full load specifics I wanted.

I'm guessing that the 2018 hp/tq no's aren't going to be spectacular and that to get all the lovely new options (full load ie: quad ex, interior improvements etc) the price is going to be an extra $5,000.00 minimum. Plus, the 2017 price and financing (0%) right now plus a significant savings over the MSRP, which is close to what most will be paying for the 2018.

Hope Ford doesn't get lazy and complacent on these last few 2017 builds. :)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm definitely not a 2018 hater, and really was wanting to order one, but due to the delay in Ford providing the info. necessary to make an educated decision decided to order the 2017 with the full load specifics I wanted.

I'm guessing that the 2018 hp/tq no's aren't going to be spectacular and that to get all the lovely new options (full load ie: quad ex, interior improvements etc) the price is going to be an extra $5,000.00 minimum. Plus, the 2017 price and financing (0%) right now got a significant savings over the MSRP which is close to what most will be paying for the 2018.

Hope Ford doesn't get lazy and complacent on these last few 2017 builds. :)

You should have held off for a couple of weeks. In Canada, Ford usually does there employee pricing starting in July.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
You should have held off for a couple of weeks. In Canada, Ford usually does there employee pricing starting in July.
Couldn't hold off as yesterday was the last day you could order a 2017 in Canada. With a little luck the employee financing may still be on when the Car is delievered and if that price is better than what I paid I'll get that instead.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Couldn't hold off as yesterday was the last day you could order a 2017 in Canada. With a little luck the employee financing may still be on when the Car is delievered and if that price is better than what I paid I'll get that instead.
The buggers. :) Pretty sure it usually goes to the end of September, so you should be okay. here's to a quick delivery. Either way, congrats!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that the '18 will have more low end torque, better throttle response, and just feel faster off the line. It will surprise people and be the reason alot of current owners get one. I just have a gut feeling the DI + PI is gonna make a bigger difference than expected.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
The buggers. :) Pretty sure it usually goes to the end of September, so you should be okay. here's to a quick delivery. Either way, congrats!
Thanks Foghat. I'm also hoping it's a quick delivery. I'm just down the #1 from you in Medicine Hat, so not unlike yourself, I certainly hope it's a quick delivery ... so I get some good cruising in before the snow flies LOL. I've also got about $6K in parts sitting in the basement I'd like too put on it.:cheers:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that the '18 will have more low end torque, better throttle response, and just feel faster off the line. It will surprise people and be the reason alot of current owners get one. I just have a gut feeling the DI + PI is gonna make a bigger difference than expected.
If you are looking for huge push rod torque you might just want to take a look at the SS or scat pack those cars will probably going to be more suited to what you want from the sound of it. The 5.0 GT will never make the large amounts of power demanded by DD's who never go above 3,000 rpm.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I just did some more research and found the new F150 makes its new numbers at the exact same rpm. This confirms my suspicions and is really good news for the mustang.

+25-30/10-15 is exactly where the Mustang's 5.0 should sit with 475 a strong possibility.

Can't argue engine speeds. Ford will also claim a 30-40hp gain at 7,000rpm as a cherry on top. I wouldn't expect big low end gains. Perhaps 5% nothing more. Engines acting as air pumps just don't work like that.
Normally bumping the compression a full point should help bottom end tq.
But with Ford making the Stang's overall tune global.....Who knows....?
I have a feeling most of the "Improvements" might be for emissions.
I believe it's Lexus that is getting 471hp out of their 5.0 while being Super Silky Smooth and whisper quiet.
I just have a bad feeling about Ford pulling this off. Hope I'm wrong.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I just did some more research and found the new F150 makes its new numbers at the exact same rpm. This confirms my suspicions and is really good news for the mustang.

+25-30/10-15 is exactly where the Mustang's 5.0 should sit with 475 a strong possibility.

Can't argue engine speeds. Ford will also claim a 30-40hp gain at 7,000rpm as a cherry on top. I wouldn't expect big low end gains. Perhaps 5% nothing more. Engines acting as air pumps just don't work like that.
I hope you're right!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Anyone else can't wait to see the 18 Intake manifold ? My guess is gt350 mani sales might dissapear very soon !!

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
lol

450 hp seems to be the number that the new 5.0 will achieve.
This does not seem to be much of a improvement.
I think the Camaro will stay out on top and by a huge margin.
The TT 3.5 is badly needed in the Stang.
Sponsored