Sponsored

Drive modes - Normal, Sport, etc.

Blacktop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I traded my 03 Cobra for a 17 GTPP. I was always use to turning off traction control in the Cobra so that is what I do in the GT. Unfortunately I have noticed that if I am in Sport mode with traction control turned off the computer finds a way to turn traction control back on. Is there a mode that keeps traction control forced off?
Long hold the toggle for 5 seconds to turn off advance trac also.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
... Like others have said shifting it to S on the shifter will force you to shift with the paddles while keeping it in D will allow you to switch back and forth between paddles and letting the transmission shift for you. ...
I have a Manual, so not first hand, but I thought that Sport would do the shifting but with revised shifting points until you used the paddles, then it would force you to do it from then on.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I have a Manual, so not first hand, but I thought that Sport would do the shifting but with revised shifting points until you used the paddles, then it would force you to do it from then on.
Your correct.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't get how anyone can enjoy the ridiculous throttle change in sport and track mode. 50% should be 50% not 100%.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't get how anyone can enjoy the ridiculous throttle change in sport and track mode.
Power and acceleration/throttle response are probably the first things people become aware of being able to use most of . . . and for some it stops right there. So I guess it's a "some's good, more's better, and too much is just enough" attitude for this one aspect of vehicle performance that keeps them wanting more of this.

50% should be 50% not 100%.
Agreed, to a point. With the possible exceptions of wet or winter driving conditions or a really big-power engine, 30% shouldn't be arbitrarily slowed down to (say) 15% either.

Dark - FWIW, I don't need my street driving to have 'enhanced throttle response', and for my hardest driving I wouldn't want it.

Norm

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get how anyone can enjoy the ridiculous throttle change in sport and track mode. 50% should be 50% not 100%.
Why I drive in track mode all the time...I like knowing right where my throttle is and track mode means 50% pedal=50% throttle plus its instant(like old school cable).

Sadly most people cant just get into a car like this at the stock power level and not smash down on the go pedal... Plenty of video's that show the result of that lol.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I have a 6spd, but the first thing I do after starting the car is switch to sport mode and normal steering. If I'm feeling a little more aggressive I'll go to track mode and if it's raining I'll keep it in normal. I have used wet mode twice when it was dumping so much water I could barely see, but man can you feel the difference.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Why I drive in track mode all the time...I like knowing right where my throttle is and track mode means 50% pedal=50% throttle plus its instant(like old school cable).

Sadly most people cant just get into a car like this at the stock power level and not smash down on the go pedal... Plenty of video's that show the result of that lol.
^^This. I want my throttle response to be consistent every time. When I want 20% I want 20%. The car can only rely on feedback, it cannot anticipate what will happen ahead. As for those who think the lack of nannys to be the next apocalypse I grew up driving large, high torque V8 cars with bias-ply tires. I drove a 67' 4-speed hemi charger year round and later a 71 442 4-spd year round. There were no winter beaters, they were just cars. We learned how to manage lack of traction or we died off. Today's car have so much grip I wonder sometimes how some guys can get in over their heads.
Where's the old man ranting emoji?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
For the past 2 years I've been driving is Track mode, this year I got a Steeda Tune and I've been experimenting between Sport+ and Track Modes. I may be crazy but Spot+ seems faster and more responsive and when I slam on it, the car will burn a little rubber, get sideways just fine. Is it possible Sport+ is fastest mode?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Before getting the Steeda tune, did you try out Sport+ enough to get some sense of its feel compared to the OE Track Mode tuning?

Have you tried talking with Steeda yet to find out if there are any intentional differences between those modes in their tune that would affect response?

Norm

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They said drive modes still work the same

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just guessing, but could use of the term 'Track' in 'Track Mode' mean throttle linearity for the road course rather than "big early throttle response to beat down the other guy's car right off in the first second or two of a street challenge"?

Track Pack certainly means road course, if that's any indication.

Norm

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Just guessing, but could use of the term 'Track' in 'Track Mode' mean throttle linearity for the road course rather than "big early throttle response to beat down the other guy's car right off in the first second or two of a street challenge"?
I was going to post practically the same thing.

To me sport mode has more grunt (throttle input) down low, whereas the track mode is more linear (almost more linear than stock).
Sponsored