Sponsored

Base system speaker suggestions

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Looking to upgrade the base speakers in my car. Already have a sub, but looking for some solid speakers that work well with the limited power supply of the stock base system. Not looking to install another amp, just want some better sound.

Which speakers pair best with the stock base stereo? Want to replace everything, but might keep the tweeters.

Thanks in advance.

fyi, money is an object, but not looking to spend over $400 on everything...hoping. :hail:
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The tweeters are crap, replace them.

justusdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Seconded, also need some suggestions. This is probably my winter project.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Looking to upgrade the base speakers in my car. Already have a sub, but looking for some solid speakers that work well with the limited power supply of the stock base system. Not looking to install another amp, just want some better sound.

Which speakers pair best with the stock base stereo? Want to replace everything, but might keep the tweeters.

Thanks in advance.

fyi, money is an object, but not looking to spend over $400 on everything...hoping. :hail:
If you can do the install yourself I'd suggest a 4 channel. I upgraded all my speakers to rockford and put in a 4 channel and mono amp. The entire setup cost $1000 installed.

You can a 400x4 rockford amp on eBay for $150. Still leaves you $250 for speakers. I'd drop $200 on a decent set of components and cheap out on the rears. Can hardly hear them anyhow.

The stock deck puts next to zero output. You will be extremely disappointed with just replacing the speakers.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
What are y'all replacing the tweeters with? my passenger side one is blown. :(
Sponsored