Sponsored

Car won't pass inspection

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I have a 2015 GT. Brought it for inspection and it said battery not ready. I drove about 60 miles and then it said o2 sensors not ready. Told me to drive a while today and come back. Still says o2 sensors and o2 sensor heater core not ready. He said drive it for a while again tomorrow and bring it back. I have a lund tune, could this be the problem? Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks
Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My car is Lund tuned. I have a Supercharger, and I asked Lund about future emissions testing. They turn off the rear O2 sensors in their S/C tune. I asked them to send me another tune with them turned back on just so I don't have a future problem. I just run that tune since its basically identical. I have no plans for removing cats/ adding headers, so it was the way to go for me.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
yes the lund tune is the problem, please discuss this with Lund and they can fix it

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
This is actually pretty interesting; I asked Lund for a revision tune since I need to pass emissions, and plan on taking my car in this coming Monday.

Quoting Jon Jr:

Where are you located?

Here's a tune with all the emissions items OEM.

You'll need to fill it up with a full tank of gas to reset the drive cycle. Then put about 50-75 miles on it and 8-10 key cycles before it'll set the monitors. You'll have to do varying loads and some WOT. If that doesn't work then try the previous tune since it'll make the monitors show ready, not support. But if you have a factory exhaust this emissions tune should work.

Me: Doesn't my current tune have the rear 02 sensors turned off, which would make me fail?

Jr: Yes, and no it won't. Not with how I have the current tune setup like I just mentioned. I think your current tune will pass actually in VA. Will show Ready, Not supported on the monitors."

So, I'll keep you all posted. I do have the revision tune, so if things don't work out, I'll flash that and do the steps provided.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had the same issue with the tune not allowing all the status monitors to be set. I would go back to stock for inspection.

If you do a search on Ford Drive Cycle you will find a Ford document with instructions on what to do get the status monitors set. It takes about an hour of specific driving to get them set.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
The only reason I haven't gone back to stock tune temporarily is because I have a JLT intake which requires a tune. So I don't want to drive the car with the stock tune. Lund is making a revised tune for me so I'll see how that works.

Late Starter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Most states with emissions inspection programs will allow no more than one monitor to be "not ready" before a test can be performed. Your owner's manual has a page instructing you how to perform a readiness test yourself without having to visit a test station. Many canned tunes turn off one or more emissions monitors so that the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) will not illuminate. Because of this, no amount of driving will allow those monitors to become ready.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is actually pretty interesting; I asked Lund for a revision tune since I need to pass emissions, and plan on taking my car in this coming Monday.

Quoting Jon Jr:

Where are you located?

Here's a tune with all the emissions items OEM.

You'll need to fill it up with a full tank of gas to reset the drive cycle. Then put about 50-75 miles on it and 8-10 key cycles before it'll set the monitors. You'll have to do varying loads and some WOT. If that doesn't work then try the previous tune since it'll make the monitors show ready, not support. But if you have a factory exhaust this emissions tune should work.

Me: Doesn't my current tune have the rear 02 sensors turned off, which would make me fail?

Jr: Yes, and no it won't. Not with how I have the current tune setup like I just mentioned. I think your current tune will pass actually in VA. Will show Ready, Not supported on the monitors."

So, I'll keep you all posted. I do have the revision tune, so if things don't work out, I'll flash that and do the steps provided.
In VA why not go through a rapid pass for emissions? Or am I missing something...figured this is how I would pass emissions, because I too have a lund tune.
Sponsored