Do It..If So Where And how much.
Thank You...
Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
No it is true, the install has to be done by a Ford Dealer or an ASE Certified Mechanic or it doesn't maintain the factory warranty.

"Ford Performance and mountune® Power Packs, Handling Packs and select components for Mustangs, Fiesta, Focus, and F-150
Ford Performance and mountune Performance Packs and Components are warrantied for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/
Lol thanks for pointing out the obvious . To clarify I was stating there are other options beside dealership ship installs i.e ASE mechanics.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Any one on this Forum from New Jersey,, who
Had a Ford Dealer Install FPP2 ? My Dealer won't
Do It..If So Where And how much.
Thank You...
Call up ford in flemington. Great people I wish I went with them quoted me $600 for pp3 so I'm sure they would have a good price for you. Do not call liccardi ford whatever you do.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
What do you mean? you have a 5yr /60k mile powertrain. powertrain is all this mod affects. My opinion? It's the Dealer, that's why 400. Plain and simple, i could do the install in about an hour, AFTER I Removed the sound tube, looked at the paperwork for a while and did a dry run and restore of the tune. But bye bye warranty. Look at it like the Cheap Insurance it is.

for the Stock tune, when you upload the new tune, the software first downloads the stock tune and stores it in the tune file under the same name. There is a 'Restore' option when the tune is in the car, Not there when the stock tune is there. How do i know? I uploaded the tune, looked at the options and then restored the original tune w/o doing any mechanical mods before i brought it to the dealer. Also looked at the car with tuner hooked up after i got it back, just to be sure the restore option was there, indicating the Stage II tune Was, in fact, uploaded to the car. You can also set it to octane adjust (knock retard) on and off. Set mine to on, never know where you might get bad gas. these option don't require a tune upload. Good Deal. :ford:

Additional info: I bought a cheap $200 laptop at best buy, a windows PC with a solid-state 36G HD, dedicated to this project. I gave the dealer the PC with the Procal software and tune already downloaded on it. so I got it back with the stock tune on the PC which i promptly copied to mem stick and to my main PC. why? 5 years from now, that's why. ford performance said the other way to go about it is to give the Dealer a Mem stick which they'll copy the now stock restorable tune to. You will also need to include the Procal security code sheet for the dealer. fyi.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info about storing the stock tune.

Once you install the power pack you lose the original 5yr/60K warranty.

Ford Performance and mountune Performance Packs and Components are warrantied for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Since i'm a little over 25K i have about 10K left once this is installed by a dealer or ASE technician. I'm going to take my chances and install it myself and save the $400

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
For those that have installed this how long did it take to flash the computer with the new PP2 tune?

Sponsored

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
You only loose it if you don't claim it. But we both know what's up, so for others, you still have it unless ford can prove the tune caused the failure. Up to you what you do with your vehicle, bud.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
What do you mean? you have a 5yr /60k mile powertrain. powertrain is all this mod affects. My opinion? It's the Dealer, that's why 400. Plain and simple, i could do the install in about an hour, AFTER I Removed the sound tube, looked at the paperwork for a while and did a dry run and restore of the tune. But bye bye warranty. Look at it like the Cheap Insurance it is.

for the Stock tune, when you upload the new tune, the software first downloads the stock tune and stores it in the tune file under the same name. There is a 'Restore' option when the tune is in the car, Not there when the stock tune is there. How do i know? I uploaded the tune, looked at the options and then restored the original tune w/o doing any mechanical mods before i brought it to the dealer. Also looked at the car with tuner hooked up after i got it back, just to be sure the restore option was there, indicating the Stage II tune Was, in fact, uploaded to the car. You can also set it to octane adjust (knock retard) on and off. Set mine to on, never know where you might get bad gas. these option don't require a tune upload. Good Deal. :ford:

Additional info: I bought a cheap $200 laptop at best buy, a windows PC with a solid-state 36G HD, dedicated to this project. I gave the dealer the PC with the Procal software and tune already downloaded on it. so I got it back with the stock tune on the PC which i promptly copied to mem stick and to my main PC. why? 5 years from now, that's why. ford performance said the other way to go about it is to give the Dealer a Mem stick which they'll copy the now stock restorable tune to. You will also need to include the Procal security code sheet for the dealer. fyi.
Thanks for the info about storing the stock tune.

Once you install the power pack you lose the original 5yr/60K warranty.

Ford Performance and mountune Performance Packs and Components are warrantied for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Since i'm a little over 25K i have about 10K left once this is installed by a dealer or ASE technician. I'm going to take my chances and install it myself and save the $400
36mo/36K miles is the is the New vehicle limited warranty that now also covers PP2. The powertrain warranty shuold still in effect because of Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. People contacting FP have gotten multiple answers to this question :shrug:

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
For those that have installed this how long did it take to flash the computer with the new PP2 tune?
10 minutes maybe? no more than that. Download software. download tune. hook up and go.

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Installed the power pack 2 yesterday on my GT. Everything went fine until the gt350 throttle body install. First the space was very tight and it took some work get it lined up. Second, the bolts given in the pack can not be torqued to 62 ft/lbs. I noticed that where the thread starts the groves were deeper. When I started to tighten the bolts by hand the first bolt broke right at those deeper groves. There was no way I was even close to 62 ft/lbs. so I just hand tightened to about the same torque level as my old GT throttle body settings.

Not sure why the bolts I was supplied had this issue. Anyone else have the same problem?

antny825

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Installed the power pack 2 yesterday on my GT. Everything went fine until the gt350 throttle body install. First the space was very tight and it took some work get it lined up. Second, the bolts given in the pack can not be torqued to 62 ft/lbs. I noticed that where the thread starts the groves were deeper. When I started to tighten the bolts by hand the first bolt broke right at those deeper groves. There was no way I was even close to 62 ft/lbs. so I just hand tightened to about the same torque level as my old GT throttle body settings.

Not sure why the bolts I was supplied had this issue. Anyone else have the same problem?
it is actually 62 lb.in (7 Nm) around 5.1 ft/lbs I almost messed this part up myself.

Sponsored

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that explains it. :headbonk: So I'm still over torqued then. Should I loosen the bolts now that everything is installed or just leave it?

I finished uploading the tune as well. Got a check engine light went into the diagnostics section said I de-engerized the ECU to early. I followed the the instructions to power off after the "successfully programmed!"message appeared.

So I cleared the message and I have not gotten another check engine light.

Drove the car for about 15 mins, definitely faster. The auto 1st gear hesitation is gone.

Last edited:
OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Can't believe someone actualy tried 62 ft lbs! Hope your kidding.may need a new intake. :headbonk:

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope the bolt broke, so no damage done to the throttle bony. But that's what happens when you rush read the instructions.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
I think I would probably pull the throttle body and adapter, and look for distortions on the intake manifold face, I believe it's the thermoplastic with brass inserts? You can have a vacuum leak there.

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to pull out everything when the bolt snapped. The adapter and throttle body housing are much stronger then the bolt supplied. I would assume that to protect guys like me that don't read carefully. I doubt the bolt can hold more then 20 ft/lbs of force.
Sponsored