16 gt
lol. just hate to ditch the extremes and not like the sports
Sponsored

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
The sports are deeper. I have catless LT's with the Sport catback. Cruising around it sounds great. When I go WOT all hell breaks loose. I highly doubt you will not like the Sport catback. Extreme to me sounds similar to the sport just louder and isn't as deep.

I will say that the Sports NEVER lose their tone. It never sounds blatty or trashy.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
good to know.ill give them a shot!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have had a lot of guys swap to sports after goingto headers

i usually recommend sports to guys up front if they have plans on headers to save the swapping $

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Headers are loud. Anything you put on needs to be one or two levels quieter to have the same loudness with factory headers/cats.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've got the Sport catback with catted long tubes. It's loud! I knew going into it I was going to add the headers so I went with the Sports from the start.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Headers are loud. Anything you put on needs to be one or two levels quieter to have the same loudness with factory headers/cats.
This is true.

Though i went cat deletes instead of headers, i went from the solo mach thunder to the mach xv for this reason. Lowered the volume but kept the same 'sound'.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have Kooks headers with HighFlo Cats and Corsa Sport, When under 3k RPM it's not loud but when you punch it it screams and cold starts are very loud but it does quiet down fairly quickly. All that being said I wouldn't change a thing, I can keep this setup quiet enough when around police to not draw attention and then when I want to open her up she sounds mean!

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Im in the same situation as this but i have roush axlebacks with an h pipe along with catless kooks headers.

I have a question. Doesnt corsa use the same mufflers for the extremes and sports? The extremes has the double helix x pipe vs using the stock resonator with the sports? Would using the sports with an h pipe be just as loud as the extremes?

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
The sport system uses the same double x pipe

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Im in the same situation as this but i have roush axlebacks with an h pipe along with catless kooks headers.

I have a question. Doesnt corsa use the same mufflers for the extremes and sports? The extremes has the double helix x pipe vs using the stock resonator with the sports? Would using the sports with an h pipe be just as loud as the extremes?
Corsa offerings:

Touring axleback
Sport catback = Touring axleback + Double X-pipe
Sport axleback
Xtreme catback = Sport axleback + Double X-pipe

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

I think there are 4 possible setups:

Axleback:
1. Touring muffler + stock resonator
2. Sport muffler + stock resonator

Catback:
1. Touring muffler + double helix x-pipe = Corsa Sport CB
2. Sport muffler + double helix x-pipe = Corsa Extreme CB

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have Kooks headers with HighFlo Cats and Corsa Sport, When under 3k RPM it's not loud but when you punch it it screams and cold starts are very loud but it does quiet down fairly quickly. All that being said I wouldn't change a thing, I can keep this setup quiet enough when around police to not draw attention and then when I want to open her up she sounds mean!

Thinking about adding catted kooks headers to my corsa sport catback. Is it significantly louder than w/o headers and do they really free up the engine? Just wondering because they certainly ain't cheap and the install is a PITA.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
They will definitely pick you up some ponies but you'll need a tune to get the full potential

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Corsa offerings:

Touring axleback
Sport catback = Touring axleback + Double X-pipe
Sport axleback
Xtreme catback = Sport axleback + Double X-pipe
I think there are 4 possible setups:

Axleback:
1. Touring muffler + stock resonator
2. Sport muffler + stock resonator

Catback:
1. Touring muffler + double helix x-pipe = Corsa Sport CB
2. Sport muffler + double helix x-pipe = Corsa Extreme CB

Ohh, that explains a lot. So Id need the touring axlebacks instead of the sport axlebacks if I have an h pipe.

Thinking about adding catted kooks headers to my corsa sport catback. Is it significantly louder than w/o headers and do they really free up the engine? Just wondering because they certainly ain't cheap and the install is a PITA.
I recently added the non catted kooks headers to mine and it was a big difference.
Sponsored