Sponsored

Anyone running a McLeod RST and road coursing?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I am on my second McLeod RST clutch after the first one developed a warp from a 3 hr day on a track. Now with the new one nicely broken in I took it to Pacific Raceways in Seattle for a total of 95 minutes on track and now it is exhibiting the same issues. The floating disc goes slightly cone shaped and causes the clutch to drag when the clutch pedal is depressed.

I am thinking it is time for a different manufacturer.
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am on my second McLeod RST clutch after the first one developed a warp from a 3 hr day on a track. Now with the new one nicely broken in I took it to Pacific Raceways in Seattle for a total of 95 minutes on track and now it is exhibiting the same issues. The floating disc goes slightly cone shaped and causes the clutch to drag when the clutch pedal is depressed.

I am thinking it is time for a different manufacturer.
How did McLeod respond to the first clutch failure?

Dave

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Replaced it under warranty. Had to pay a shop to actually swap the clutches and also pay to ship it to the States from Canada to get the warranty clutch. Not into swapping clutches every 8000kms.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Replaced it under warranty. Had to pay a shop to actually swap the clutches and also pay to ship it to the States from Canada to get the warranty clutch. Not into swapping clutches every 8000kms.
So they admitted fault on the first go around. What are they saying about this go around? Will they offer you a refund for the parts, or allow you a credit towards another McLeod product like an RXT?

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The light pedal pressure is nice to have, but the issues I am having is not worth it. I have not contacted McLeod yet, but I will. I am in the middle of building a garage/workshop and just no a lot of time. Once I get back from holidays next week I will be looking into contacting them.

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
Whats all done to your car? If your staying NA no need for a twin disk. My stock clutch just went at 60K and I replaced it with a exedy mach 500 and light weight flywheel couldnt be happier. Little bit heavier clutch then stock but imo feel so much better!

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just have a CAI for now and am staying NA. I just wanted a clutch that wouldn't let go like my stock one did at 12k miles and had a lighter feel. I will have to search out a new aluminum flywheel matched up with a single disk clutch.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When it comes time for me, I'll be getting a single disc clutch with a ceramic/cerametallic/hybrid compound. Ceramic (or rather, non-organic) is best-suited for road course heat (constant), it seems. McLeod is not in my list. Leaning a lot toward the Spec 2+, to be honest. My stock clutch, knock on wood, after 10 track days so far is doing fine with a total of 31,000 miles and that's inclusive of maybe 8 visits to drag strips. I'm honestly half-expecting I'll lose it this coming weekend at Gridlife South, because that's how my luck works - spend $500 on an event, clutch will go out.