Sponsored

NJMP LIGHTNING 7/15/2017

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Best lap of the day was 1:17.84 Which was about a second faster then last time. Still missing apexes, breaking too early, and periods where I am doing nothing waiting for a corner but an improvement.

If any one has any data from there times I would love to see where I am loosing time.

Best Lap
[ame]

Some others
[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
That was exciting to watch! You know your stuff!

CVCashmere

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Don't know if it's going to be of much help unless you can extrapolate corner speeds where you were a lot faster than me to other corners.

From Aim Solo datalog - I'm new enough at Race Render to not be trying to claim that I've got the data perfectly in sync with the video, or for that matter that RR even picks up the absolute minimums.

T1 = 65
T2 = 72
T3 = 67
T4 = 61
T5 = 60
T7 = 54
T9 = 71

[ame]

Norm

Last edited:
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You are faster in every corner except one and eight I think. What kind of tires are you on?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
MPSS 285/35-18 on 18x11 Forgestars. Toward the end of the 2nd session of their 9th track day.

I'm still trying to get the video thumbnail to come up, not having much luck.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
MPSS 285/35-18 on 18x11 Forgestars. Toward the end of the 2nd session of their 9th track day.

I'm still trying to get the video thumbnail to come up, not having much luck.

Norm
Hmm so I should have a comparable amount of grip. Can you export your SOLO data?

VBO or CSV format?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If I can figure out how to do that, sure. I think Race Render uses .gpx which I do have, if that helps any. If the forum doesn't support such attachments, I'll have to email them.

Looking through the whole day's data, I did see up to 68 in T1 and 72 in T9. You're going to run away and hide from me in 8 and 10 because I'm foot-to-the-floor-from-the-previous-corner-and-there-ain't-no-more in both of those places.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think I've got the .csv file for that 'best lap', but M6G doesn't appear to support it. So I guess you'll have to PM me with an email address.

Now that I think I've got the .csv export thing down I can put the entire day on a single .csv file, and the Thunderbolt data on its own .csv file as well if you wish. There are other laps with higher speeds in various corners than I was able to hit on the 'best laps'.

Norm

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Awesome Thanks. What else have you dont to you car?

My car has Ford performance springs and RS3. 305 square set up. I think its just under 3800 lbs. Trying to get a feel for the difference in cars.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not a whole lot when you come right down to it.

As of the time the videos and data were taken,

FRPP cold air & tune (similar tune as what the 2008 Bullitt and 2010 GT cars got)
Strano front and rear adjustable sta-bars (35mm, mid setting front, 22mm, firm setting rear) with UMI rod-ended front endlinks
Koni yellows (+1.5-ish turns front, +1.25-ish turns rear)
Front cambers about -2°
Carbotech XP12/XP10 pads, Motul RBF600 fluid, DIY brake cooling ducting

Of less interest to you but probably worth a little - aftermarket rear LCAs (polyurethane/spherical) and the PHB got some DIY bushing stiffening. Basically better rear wheel location stuff.

I've since swapped in somewhat firmer springs, which in turn needed a different rear sta-bar (Strano 25mm, full soft setting), but haven't been to the track with these mods in place yet. Got some other parts (14" front brakes, front control arms, FRPP hubs, FRPP X-pipe, ARP wheel studs, replace the brake ducting) that need to go in there first. Long story.

Norm

Sponsored
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Not a whole lot when you come right down to it.

As of the time the videos and data were taken,

FRPP cold air & tune (similar tune as what the 2008 Bullitt and 2010 GT cars got)
Strano front and rear adjustable sta-bars (35mm, mid setting front, 22mm, firm setting rear) with UMI rod-ended front endlinks
Koni yellows (+1.5-ish turns front, +1.25-ish turns rear)
Front cambers about -2°
Carbotech XP12/XP10 pads, Motul RBF600 fluid, DIY brake cooling ducting

Of less interest to you but probably worth a little - aftermarket rear LCAs (polyurethane/spherical) and the PHB got some DIY bushing stiffening. Basically better rear wheel location stuff.

I've since swapped in somewhat firmer springs, which in turn needed a different rear sta-bar (Strano 25mm, full soft setting), but haven't been to the track with these mods in place yet. Got some other parts (14" front brakes, front control arms, FRPP hubs, FRPP X-pipe, ARP wheel studs, replace the brake ducting) that need to go in there first. Long story.

Norm
Where do you put your car relative to mine you are more experienced

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I still have a tendency to turn in a little earlier than I should . . . I think Lightning T7 in particular, I can feel it. And I could still get a little closer to the pavement edges before turn-in.

I doubt I have all that many more track days under my belt than you, but the few seasons of autocross I did probably paid off in being comfortable with rapid left-right transitions and driving up around 1g. And then I guess there's the 50 years or so of trying to picture the best legitimately drivable line (i.e. using the entire lane) through any given corner or corner sequence and then driving it (at a rather more relaxed pace than all-out-track-on-warm-tires). IOW, practicing the process even without the speed still counts as practice.

Norm

Last edited:
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I still have a tendency to turn in a little earlier than I should . . . I think Lightning T7 in particular, I can feel it. And I could still get a little closer to the pavement edges before turn-in.

I doubt I have all that many more track days under my belt than you, but the few seasons of autocross I did probably paid off in being comfortable with rapid left-right transitions and driving up around 1g. And then I guess there's the 50 years or so of trying to picture the best legitimately drivable line (i.e. using the entire lane) through any given corner or corner sequence and then driving it (at a rather more relaxed pace than all-out-track-on-warm-tires). IOW, practicing the process even without the speed still counts as practice.

Norm
I meant youd know if your car is faster then mine around a corner.

Autocross I think would help I am not turning as hard as I could. Im getting there, my traction control going off more which Ill take as a good sign.

T7 im making a hash off, it never feels quite right to me.

Looking at your file(I cant open yet) you are faster in every corner but my lap time is lower.weird.

When are you running again? Ill probably be back at lightning 8/6

Is your data on that video accurate you slow down in some interesting places.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Looking at your file(I cant open yet) you are faster in every corner but my lap time is lower.weird.
Your car's 100+ more torque, 200+ more HP, and 2000+ more rpm capability probably has something to do with it ;)

On a lap where I have a particularly good run coming out of 9 I'm just past 5900 rpm in 4th as I hit my braking zone. About 125 mph there (you're topping 140), 106 approaching the bridge before 7, and upper 90's before 9.

When are you running again? Ill probably be back at lightning 8/6
No idea at the moment. But in any case it'll be after the summer heat goes away.

Is your data on that video accurate you slow down in some interesting places.
Except for the data to video synchronization not being perfect, it's at least close. What I suspect you're seeing is when coming up to 1 and 7 on Lightning, and 1 on Thunderbolt where I'm downshifting (relatively early, not heel-toe'ing). Need to get down to a speed that doesn't overrev 3rd, with enough time following that to get the car (and me) settled for the business of turning. Probably costing me at least half a second every time . . .

Norm

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Hi - 4th picture down what is the gentleman doing or measuring at the rear of your car? If you don't mind me asking.

Edit 1: I guess Ford was not kidding when they said that engine could easily surpass 8,500 RPM's. I like my GT/PP but those two videos sort of makes me wish I did a little bit more home work to find a dealer without ADM. Thanks for sharing those.

Edit 2: In the 2nd video did the two lead cars (silver sedan and smaller black hatchback thing) cause issues? It seems that they either had poor situational awareness or just not paying attention to your rate of closure. I wasn't even driving and I found myself on the edge of my chair.
Sponsored

Last edited: