Sponsored

What wheels and tires for GTPP for track use?

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I have used the 19x11's on track and they worked fine. @higdominator might be able to give you some info on the GT7's
Good news, thanks!...I'm guessing you ran the S350's like others have been saying?
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
whatever you do, get a square setup to get rid of that understeer

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
whatever you do, get a square setup to get rid of that understeer
Ha! That's what people have been telling me. Mine does appear to be too bad though. Seems decent on my current bar/shock settings even on the stock Perelli junk lol

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Yep! 19x11 squared with 305's is a great recipe.
SVE S350 19x11 305 squared?? That's friggin awesome haha

I'd love just to get 285/305 under there compared to the 255/275 stock setup.

Sponsored

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
SVE S350 19x11 305 squared?? That's friggin awesome haha

I'd love just to get 285/305 under there compared to the 255/275 stock setup.
Yes sir. I use a 20mm spacer for strut clearence in the front but other than that they fit just fine. You will definitley feel a difference with going up to a 285 (if not 305) in the front and lighter wheels.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
M6G*edit* lol meant "6GR" 19x11 ET50 square w 24 mm up front. MPSS 305
Front fender supports lengthened 1" to get clearance. Requires some additional refitting but nothing crazy difficult, just kills a day first time.
6GR havent showed any cracking after 12+ track days and running moderate curbing with a couple wheels dropped off track. Ready to strip finish off backsides and hit with penetrant dye at edges looking for cracks. Have stereoscope at house for inspection.
Really interested in SVE wheels to see track durability.

Last edited:

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Yes sir. I use a 20mm spacer for strut clearence in the front but other than that they fit just fine. You will definitley feel a difference with going up to a 285 (if not 305) in the front and lighter wheels.
that's what I want to hear. Plus, a much better tire than those 255 Perelli's. The Nitto 555 G2 I put on there now seem to have better grip at a higher treadwear.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
M6G 19x11 ET50 square w 24 mm up front. MPSS 305
Front fender supports lengthened 1" to get clearance. Requires some additional refitting but nothing crazy difficult, just kills a day first time.
M6G havent showed any cracking after 12+ track days and running moderate curbing with a couple wheels dropped off track. Ready to strip finish off backsides and hit with penetrant dye at edges looking for cracks. Have stereoscope at house for inspection.
M6G??

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
M6G 19x11 ET50 square w 24 mm up front. MPSS 305
M6G havent showed any cracking after 12+ track days and running moderate curbing with a couple wheels dropped off track. Ready to strip finish off backsides and hit with penetrant dye at edges looking for cracks. Have stereoscope at house for inspection.
Do you have any pictures of your setup? You've mentioned it quite a bit, but I haven't seen any pics.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Not sure if I will actually try to compete or not. I did an auto-x school (1 day) with my last car and it was pretty awesome as I got 20-30 runs in that one day. Not sure how much I'll get into normal auto-x days as you spend all day to get in just a couple runs.

Guess I'm not necessarily trying to compete, but more so just have fun and get good track time. That's why I like the PDE's too, lots of wheel time makes for a good day.

Figure if I ever decide to get into it competitively, I might just need another set. =)
I have a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3's in 18x10ET43 squared wrapped in 50% NT01's up for grabs. They clear performance pack brakes and I even include the small spacer needed up front just for breathing room. I promise you can't beat the bang for you buck in that combo. PM me for details.

I have used the 19x11's on track and they worked fine. [MENTION=17656]higdominator[/MENTION] might be able to give you some info on the GT7's
I don't know about the construction of the GT7 wheels but I am familiar with MRR wheels having run the M350 and looking forward to running the M600 (similar design as the GT7) wheels in a square 19x11ET50 fitment here soon and I have faith they will stand up just as well as the M350's I had. [MENTION=14702]CarlosMRRDesignWheels[/MENTION] would likely have more insight into the difference in construction.

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collections/wheels/products/m600

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
6GR. Typo sry

Terrible pics, dirty w bad light. Afraid to take good pics as I might jinx it. Stupid?
I thought you may have meant that, but didn't want to assume :)

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
M6G*edit* lol meant "6GR" 19x11 ET50 square w 24 mm up front. MPSS 305
6GR havent showed any cracking after 12+ track days and running moderate curbing with a couple wheels dropped off track. Ready to strip finish off backsides and hit with penetrant dye at edges looking for cracks. Have stereoscope at house for inspection.
I'd be interested to see Dye Checking of SVE's after a few track days myself...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Where do those fender supports go? What fit did they help you with?

Very cool to see the P6GR wheels in square 11"s.
Sponsored