Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I understand your concern the last thing you want to do is brick your ecu. Glad you got it going again!
Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Working on updating my tune today for a check engine light issue. I went through the process of updating the software as well as the tune, then after I download everything I get the popup for returning to stock. I've saved my stock file to the PC.

For anyone that's returned to stock and went through the update and saved the stock file to PC, were there any issues? It seems like after the device updates I could just load the stock file like any other tune if I need to.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With one tuner, and SCT, every update requires that the car is flashed back to stock. This can mean flashing an update takes >30 minutes.

With another tune and SCT, I can flash tunes over the previous one, not requiring me to return to stock prior to applying the new tune revision.

I know nothing about SCT to know why this is, but I have never had problems returning the car to stock.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I went ahead and flashed it to stock since I had time on my hands. Still not getting rid of the p2251 code after the updated tune. Either a bad O2 sensor or bad extension/wire. Sucks.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not even sure what that is? I did a quick read and it sounds like it's the same as doing a ECM reset with a battery disconnect. I did a code clear on the SCTx4, but nope... no KAM reset.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll look into that. Thank you [MENTION=14965]esacteksab[/MENTION]
Sponsored