oil pan upgrade

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did you need to replace or modify the pick up on either the moroso or canton?
The Moroso uses the stock pickup and windage tray. Do not know about the Canton.

Dave
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you happen to have that available for us to see? I'm curious.
We have access to an online service from Ford that has step by step instructions on a website, the only thing we can do is print from the website all other images and text are not able to be captured or saved due to copy right laws. You can buy a complete service manual from Ford parts I believe but its not cheap.

Dave

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Bumping this thread up there. I'm on the fence about an aftermarket oil pan. The peace of mind would be nice, but it's yet one more part that takes my new car with manufacturer's warranty towards another realm. I also don't like adding stuff "just for the sake of it" if it's unnecessary.

Does anyone know of any S550 Coyote engine failures related to oil slosh?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
he peace of mind would be nice, but it's yet one more part that takes my new car with manufacturer's warranty towards another realm. I also don't like adding stuff "just for the sake of it" if it's unnecessary.
Oil control and capacity increase is never "unecessary" regardless if you have a street car or track monster.

Plus, you can always do the composite pan from Ford which was in the GT350 and now on the new 18 GTs.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oil control and capacity increase is never "unecessary" regardless if you have a street car or track monster.

Plus, you can always do the composite pan from Ford which was in the GT350 and now on the new 18 GTs.
It's unnecessary if the stock pan works fine in your application/use.

They also raised some concerns about the steering racks in the S550 and if a full on track only build was being planned changing the steering column and rack would not be a bad idea.
What is wrong with the stock racks and what alternatives are available?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's unnecessary if the stock pan works fine in your application.
Ok maybe "never unnecessary" may have been worded incorrectly. What I meant to say more oil control and capacity is almost always a good thing, and it could also mean the difference between a wiped out 8k motor and going driving home with 50psi of oil pressure.

If it was just a "nice to have" I'd say don't bother, but if you're able to upgrade it it's always a good idea. Just because noone has had an issue, doesn't mean it can't happen. I wouldn't trust the stock oil pan too much on R7s with full aero cars.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ok maybe "never unnecessary" may have been worded incorrectly. What I meant to say more oil control and capacity is almost always a good thing, and it could also mean the difference between a wiped out 8k motor and going driving home with 50psi of oil pressure.

If it was just a "nice to have" I'd say don't bother, but if you're able to upgrade it it's always a good idea. Just because noone has had an issue, doesn't mean it can't happen. I wouldn't trust the stock oil pan too much on R7s with full aero cars.
Cost verses risk. Otherwise, why stop at a simple pan. A $5000 dry sump system would be even better.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Cost verses risk. Otherwise, why stop at a simple pan. A $5000 dry sump system would be even better. __________________
Because a GT350 oil pan is 300 bux and a few hours work and it increase capacity by 2 quarts and greater oil control.

Yes the dry sump is going to be better, but for 1/10th of that cost you can get 70% of the benefits.

You stop at a simple plan because it's a very effective and cheap upgrade.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the GT350 oil pan is $625

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Looks like the GT350 oil pan is $625
For the pan AND pump -which would be a great idea to upgrade, especially if you plan on staying at high RPM often on track and/or raising the rev limiter. Hell of a deal.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For the pan AND pump -which would be a great idea to upgrade, especially if you plan on staying at high RPM often on track and/or raising the rev limiter. Hell of a deal.
The pan and pump together are actually about 500 bux if you shop around.

The pan itself is $265.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The OPGs in the GT350 oil pump are powdered still, correct?
I believe so, but if they can handle 8250rpm that should say something about their construction compared to the GT version.

Pair those up with a nice ATI balancer and you have a solid setup for most NA applications.
Sponsored