Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've had my 2014 Roush Supercharged Raptor for 3 years now, and I ordered a 2017 early on... It arrived a few weeks ago and I decided to just keep my Roush. With 600HP and the amazing sounds this 6.2 motor pushes through the Roush exhaust, it was a no brainer. I really enjoy the little things on cars, such as exhaust note, and I couldn't get into the ecoboost sound.

I know I'll eventually upgrade to a newer model (probably in several years), but for now I'm good.

Now that I've owned a truck, it would be hard to not have one, especially a Raptor! It does EVERYTHING well. I love my truck!

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I am highly considering selling my 17 to go back to a 14. I really thought I could trick myself into liking the 6, and while the 17 is certainly fast I just despise the sound.

Anyone interested in a 2017 Screw AG w/ 802A package that only has the orange interior accents, heated steering wheel, and heated 2nd row? Also has black vinyl on the roof and Cquartz finest coated

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I am highly considering selling my 17 to go back to a 14. I really thought I could trick myself into liking the 6, and while the 17 is certainly fast I just despise the sound.

Anyone interested in a 2017 Screw AG w/ 802A package that only has the orange interior accents, heated steering wheel, and heated 2nd row? Also has black vinyl on the roof and Cquartz finest coated
The old truck is going to feel really slow. Have you attended the Raptor Assault program yet? I have the utmost respect for my truck and it's capabilities after doing that day. There is simply not a better truck available on the market. So you have to ask yourself "How much do I value the sound" because you'll be giving up absolutely everything else for it if you back to a '14. Go to the Raptor Assault and you'll realize what you have.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
The old truck is going to feel really slow. Have you attended the Raptor Assault program yet? I have the utmost respect for my truck and it's capabilities after doing that day. There is simply not a better truck available on the market. So you have to ask yourself "How much do I value the sound" because you'll be giving up absolutely everything else for it if you back to a '14. Go to the Raptor Assault and you'll realize what you have.
Just drove a friends 14 last week that has a Intake, CB, and SVC tune. It was a little bit slower but nothing that I wasn't expecting. However it still made me smile which the 17 does not too much. I more than likely will not be able to make it to the raptor assault this calendar year. I know how extremely capable these trucks are.

Im slightly embarrassed when I have to accelerate. Turbo/wastegate noise is nice though. I really thought I could convince myself to get used to the sound/like it. Not so much.

I am hoping the re-fresh in a few years brings back the V8. I am wondering if when Ford offers the Hybrid F150 in 2020 if that will allow them more room to offer a V8 in the raptor from CAFE restrictions. I think they'll now always offer the 6, especially for places like China that have an engine displacement tax. The 6.2 is a dinosaur, but the technology is there to bump some ponies out and land somewhere closer to the current 6 in fuel economy.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Dang [MENTION=14566]Bender[/MENTION]... you got it bad.

I have yet to hear anyone say one bad thing about mine. One of my friends who had a 12MY Raptor and he was in awe.

As we said before, this truck isn't for everyone.

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I think this is the best forum for our 350's. What is the go to website forums for the raptors?
I think the general consensus is fordraptorforum.com. there is some good information on there, as well as some that isn't as much. Fyi there is a pretty strong division between many of the Gen 1 and 2 guys on that forum.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Those of you who bought out-of-state, how long did you wait on shipping? I've been waiting for it to get picked up for about 10 days... Wondering if that's normal or if I should poking the shipper a bit harder.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It can sometimes take a few weeks depending on logistics. I'd give them a call just to see what may be going on.