Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
^ All of that BS = You don't even own a Raptor and probably have never driven one offroad. I love expert douchebags that talk out their ass. Did you get all your Raptor knowledge from Car & Driver?
Smh... I would respond with an asshat response but I would just sink to your level.

Nice pics of your off-road ventures.

It's people like you why forums get outta hand, but this isn't your first bickering rodeo is it?

I, honestly, am glad you enjoy your Raptor on/off road... I will choose to enjoy mine in any way possible, even if it's just my 10-minute commute to work.

Take care man... get that corn cob out your ass.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
This reminds of the BMW fights that have been going on for the last few years with them going from a V8 to the twin turbo I6.

All I'll say is this, if you love an N/A V8 for the sound and other characteristics, then you will most likely be a little disappointed in the long run with the new Raptor. No matter how much better the new one performs.

I've seen people switch exhaust after exhaust on the M3/4 trying to get it to sound more like the old car, but it never will for obvious reasons. I'm not saying the new Raptor sounds bad, but it obviously is different from what people are used to. Some accept change for what it is and move on, but some can't. Just keep it in mind when you go to buy a new one.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Gen I guys always revert to getting personal when comparing their trucks to the Gen II. Happens every time.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, and gen2 guys will be upset when the hybrid does 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds and is better off road in every way (or will it be hahaha)

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Words of wisdom...

"New technology allows us to drive cars with hundreds of horsepower pretty fast with ease, things were a lot harder back then when even experienced drivers had problems driving two or three hundred horsepower cars. Some of them are said to be very hard to drive or simply nicknamed widowmakers. Driving dees cars requires experienced hands and big balls."

[ame]

Haha, "Da AC Cobra is a typical example of American lunacy" Pretty funny video

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I can't wait to get the windows tinted! I put it up until the time comes because the sun blaring in I can't deal with... All my other cars/trucks are Limo all around with 50% on the whole windshield. My tint guy has the flu though :frusty: Now I have to text him now and have him cut for the RS as well and do them at the same time :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wish I had that problem
This is going on right now. Freezing balls off, brining the underside of my raptor haha

It's heating system kicks ass and I love how the auto start works with remote and with ford pass. It turns on the heat as well as heated seats and wheel... It's freaking awesome.
What I don't like is that as soon as you get in and push the start button to take off(after remote start), the heated seats shut off as well as the heat wheel. It would be nice if it stayed on. I'd also like for the heating modes to be modal. It shouldn't be that when I shut the truck down with the heated wheel and seats on that the next time I jump it and start it has them off, they should stay on until I shut them off. Usually winter doesn't come and go in a day! During winter a person keeps the heat comin haha. Seriously though, when it gets too warm I'm capable of pushing the button. This is something that should be changed. In my other vehicle the heated seats stay until I shut them off. Why is this different with the ford...it's backwards. Same damn thing with the performance mode selection. I understand with the auto stop and why it would stay on at start up, it probably has to do with mileage ratings, although I'd like to have that normally off so when I wanted it, I would turn it on.

Just a few ass backwards things I'd change if I was programming the thing.
20170125_152848.jpg

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Is there a Forscan fix?
Circumcision?

Sorry bad joke haha!

I am thinking about getting a Raptor now! Getting the Shelby returned to Ford here in a few weeks and I could just replace the Lariat I have now. Still pushing to get an R, but this thread is making me think twice!