Sponsored

NJMP LIGHTNING 7/15/2017

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
It's fun to watch you getting better. Nice!

Watch Norm's line...if you look closely and compare to your video, you see how he uses the track more effectively. A good example is #5/#6...Norm is out by the curbing on a wider whereas you are pinching the car towards the middle. The track brings you back on a big sweeping line. #7 is worth a look too. Norm is later with a tighter turn that touches the inside curbing. That allows him to get the wheels straighter faster going up the hill #8 and gives him a better entry coming into the Lightbulb. The front straight starts after turn #7.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
my traction control going off more which Ill take as a good sign.
:shrug: My car's TC isn't worth the lettering on the button that turns it off, but I turn it off anyway. It has no AdvanceTrak stability control for me to turn off.

Norm

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hi - 4th picture down what is the gentleman doing or measuring at the rear of your car? If you don't mind me asking.

Edit 1: I guess Ford was not kidding when they said that engine could easily surpass 8,500 RPM's. I like my GT/PP but those two videos sort of makes me wish I did a little bit more home work to find a dealer without ADM. Thanks for sharing those.

Edit 2: In the 2nd video did the two lead cars (silver sedan and smaller black hatchback thing) cause issues? It seems that they either had poor situational awareness or just not paying attention to your rate of closure. I wasn't even driving and I found myself on the edge of my chair.
I went of the track they check you tired to make sure they havent come of the rim. Apparantly some times they unseat and you get dirt inside of the tire.

The issue was the gray car not sure why he was driving so slow. It wasnt a blind corner so it wasnt a big deal. Reminds you to keep looking down the track

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You could get dirt and bits of vegetation jammed in between the tire bead and the bead seat compromising the ability to hold air . . . especially when the tire is being distorted laterally in later corners. The track official was probably feeling for air escaping.

The same thing may have been what happened to the grey car - he was way left and clearly wide of the other car coming out of 5 and could well have put two off coming out of 5 at just before 4:33 in your video. Good call on his part to be staying left out of everybody's way and not dropping dirt on the line.

If you're wide through 5 and carrying much speed your left side tires will find the left side dirt if you just ride it out. Which is better than lifting and trying to correct your car's course while it's still "up on its tiptoes" from the T5 crest (your car's tail can come unstuck very quickly).

Norm

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I decided to get a 4 point with ASM and a hybrid hans. I just need to get one all the clubs I run with like

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
You have to let us know when you are going to be running Norm, I would love to see you on the track in real life. Your videos are great, there is a real calmness about your driving that I for one hope to emulate.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Firestarter, what club did you run with?

Videos looked great. Need to try Lightning.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Firestarter, what club did you run with?

Videos looked great. Need to try Lightning.
MOEHPDE. It's fun simpler then thunderbolt

I watched my previous video earlier in the year and I was taking t1 much faster but I was braking much earlier

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I got down to 1:16.4. Video to follow. Harrys laptimer is being useless though so no overlay.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Nice...you're getting better. Love the engine sound!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice.

Bummer about your Harry's . . . nice heads-up by a couple of drivers in slower cars in offering some awfully late passes for group B - and nice work by you and those being passed to make it work. Was HOD looking to see who might be ready to move up to C (that pass in T4 looked like what HOD was doing with their (optional) passing drill lunchtime sessions a couple of years ago).

Dashtop camera mounts in a Mustang (any 2005 or later Mustang) can't show how close (or not) you're taking T2, but if you're not trying to get all the way down to the curbing it opens up the entry to T3 a little. No idea what any lap time difference might be though.

Norm

Last edited:
OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nice.

Bummer about your Harry's . . . nice heads-up by a couple of drivers in slower cars in offering some awfully late passes for group B - and nice work by you and those being passed to make it work. Was HOD looking to see who might be ready to move up to C (that pass in T4 looked like what HOD was doing with their (optional) passing drill lunchtime sessions a couple of years ago).

Dashtop camera mounts in a Mustang (any 2005 or later Mustang) can't show how close (or not) you're taking T2, but if you're not trying to get all the way down to the curbing it opens up the entry to T3 a little. No idea what any lap time difference might be though.

Norm
T2 I am not trying to get to the curbing, I see some people do some do not. Im not sure which is faster. I feel like I can carry more speed going wider but I have no data to back that up.

Silly question should you be hearing tire squeal?
Sponsored