Sponsored

Coyote upgrades before installing in vehicle?

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Yes, Most tuning software offers a drop down menu for either Gen 1 or Gen 2 camshafts

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Most tuning software offers a drop down menu for either Gen 1 or Gen 2 camshafts
Excellent! I'd rather stick with Gen 1 phasers so I could upgrade the cams beyond stock.

Mero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT performance pack
I have the take off form my 2017 mustang GT

Intake manifold, PVC house, cover, brake booster line and throttle body if your interested. my car has 3K miles on it and I did the upgrade to the gt350 stuff. (stage 3 form ford racing)

Sponsored

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Excellent! I'd rather stick with Gen 1 phasers so I could upgrade the cams beyond stock.
We offer cams for both Gen 1 or Gen 2 style phasers

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I'd do stage 3 comp cams, LT headers, oil pump & crankshaft gears, GT350 manifold depending on the budget.
Some LT headers won't clear chassis rails if they are installed outside the car - my 1 7/8 Kooks need to be installed with engine IN the car.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I read awhile back someone considered a swap from v6 to the coyote, but ended up getting a stock twin turbo kit from a 3.5 and retrofitted it.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I read awhile back someone considered a swap from v6 to the coyote, but ended up getting a stock twin turbo kit from a 3.5 and retrofitted it.
I was considering that route but there were a few issues encountered with that install and the simple fact that I have that V8 itch is leading me to this swap. Thanks to everyone that has replied! I now just need to do all the research required before I start purchasing parts.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
What is your budget for the motor Swap and build? Depending on the year coyote motor that you find you might need oil squirter block off plates as I believe it was the 13 and up the can't comes with it while the F-150 and the 12's in Downs had the oil squirters which is no good for high RPM use, also when you have it out consider replacing the pulse timing ring what sits behind the flywheel. MMR also has boss crankshaft for cheap it was like 500 or 550 last time I looked. What are you going to do about the heads? As in are you going to Port them out can use higher lift cams? There's a whole list of things you could do if you're doing a motor build especially when the motor is out and you got nothing but time, it really just depends on that budget.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
What is your budget for the motor Swap and build? Depending on the year coyote motor that you find you might need oil squirter block off plates as I believe it was the 13 and up the can't comes with it while the F-150 and the 12's in Downs had the oil squirters which is no good for high RPM use, also when you have it out consider replacing the pulse timing ring what sits behind the flywheel. MMR also has boss crankshaft for cheap it was like 500 or 550 last time I looked. What are you going to do about the heads? As in are you going to Port them out can use higher lift cams? There's a whole list of things you could do if you're doing a motor build especially when the motor is out and you got nothing but time, it really just depends on that budget.
Looking to keep the engine itself under $4k. I can grab one from my local junk yard for about $1.5-2K depending on mileage.

What I am looking at now is seeing if I can get a gen 2 F150 motor as I think that would be the better option depending on price.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Very interested in this, would love to see this completed with no major hiccups!

Just curious, if you plan to swap out so much of the F150 stuff for Mustang parts, why not just start with a Mustang engine?

If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to check out another thread here on swapping to the F150 IM, since you mentioned beginning the project with an F150 V8. It makes better torque at lower rpm with very little loss of HP at 6k, but it's probably not what you're after if you want to push it over 7k. There is also a chart in that thread comparing output of several intakes and the CJ Mani seems to be the best of both worlds, as much torque as the F150 AND more hp up top than the Boss intake!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Very interested in this, would love to see this completed with no major hiccups!

Just curious, if you plan to swap out so much of the F150 stuff for Mustang parts, why not just start with a Mustang engine?

If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to check out another thread here on swapping to the F150 IM, since you mentioned beginning the project with an F150 V8. It makes better torque at lower rpm with very little loss of HP at 6k, but it's probably not what you're after if you want to push it over 7k. There is also a chart in that thread comparing output of several intakes and the CJ Mani seems to be the best of both worlds, as much torque as the F150 AND more hp up top than the Boss intake!
I have seen the F150 thread! That is why I am interested in finding a 2015 f150 motor now. I still want to go with an f150 motor because even with all of the parts I will be swapping out, it is still cheaper then purchasing a mustang motor. The cheapest I have seen a decent mustang motor is about $4.5k where as an f150 motor can be purchased for $2k.
Sponsored