Sponsored

Ford Performance PP2

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Is anyone running the PP2 on track? It looks like the initial issues with the tune were fixed and the PP2 has been getting a lot of praise now. Wondering if anyone has it and how it performs on a road course. I like the idea of some extra torque down low and a higher red line.
Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy with it, and I love all the torque. I've driven Road America and Autobahn since adding it, and while both tracks have spots where I probably could drop to 2nd, it still pulls hard from 4,500 in 3rd. I have had an issue where if I'm really winding it out past 7,000 and shifting just short of the red line for several consecutive laps, I'll get a CEL (while running BP 91/93), but it goes away quickly if I start short-shifting in the high 6,000s. I don't have a code reader, and I'm hesitant to ask the dealer to read the history and ask why I'm turning 7k+.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
rob - DIY-level scan tools with the ability to read ABS codes are readily available for no more than the cost of one P-Zero replacement tire, and there are tools that might not read ABS codes for under half of that. The Craftsman and Actron tools apparently use the same software (I think it's Actron's).

I have an older Actron, which paid for itself the third time I used it, as compared against half an hour of diagnostic time per shop visit at $95/hr. Not much reason not to have one of these things, IMO.

Norm

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
rob - DIY-level scan tools with the ability to read ABS codes are readily available for no more than the cost of one P-Zero replacement tire, and there are tools that might not read ABS codes for under half of that. The Craftsman and Actron tools apparently use the same software (I think it's Actron's).

I have an older Actron, which paid for itself the third time I used it, as compared against half an hour of diagnostic time per shop visit at $95/hr. Not much reason not to have one of these things, IMO.

Norm
a much better option is using forscan software in tandem with an MSCAN-capable bluetooth/wifi OBD-II dongle (~$80). you can then read ALL subsystems, run diagnostics, and datalog (including oscilloscope). helped me isolate a pesky ABS sensor issue very quickly.

Sponsored