Sponsored

Eibach 35mm FSB Question

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
can anybody confirm the measurements below (middle of soft hole to middle of 90deg bend; length between middle of 90deg bends)? i'm hoping to avoid taking my bar off (pita!), especially if somebody has already taken the same measurements, or has one off the car and can take them for me :)

36289767481_20d396b2f1_o.png
Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Cannot measure mine as installed. Fit perfect, works perfect and looks great. If you track your car you will like these bars.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
closing the loop on this..
measured the bar and got 32" middle, 12.5" perp and 13.5" angled from middle of full soft hole; 1" difference to med and another 1" to stiff. called eibach and they said 0.25" wall.
and fwiw, the original measurements i posted correlate exactly with the stock PP FSB (measured that too)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Time for a sanity check on your measurements . . .

If you measure laterally between the two 'soft' holes, does half of the difference between that measurement and the 32" centersection length agree with a right triangle of 12.5" long side and 13.5" hypotenuse?

You might need to make a couple of DIY plumb bobs using random nuts for weights.

Norm

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
san...ity check? huh?

those are the measurements and it's already back on the car. i have nothing else to confirm. this is a straight-ish bar. with arms. and an angle.

math showed that it was softer than i'd been led to believe (which is why i took measurements), and the clock/butt-in-seat confirmed the setting i ended up on at my last event ahead of nats, in tandem with the spring, ride height and shock changes made.

last minute mode has engaged ahead of the 1600 mile haul to nebraska; i'll entertain your request in the silly season when the car is back in pieces. in the meantime, chasing wins. see you in lincoln? :)

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That you might in last-minute mode never occurred to me, so silly-season will be soon enough. Maybe by then I'll have got one of my old computers up and running real structural analysis software that can handle the actual shape (bends and all).

No, I won't be at Lincoln. I've been out of autocross almost ten years now (chased out by too many episodes of heat stress). Actually, I have a few extra items still left on a punch list of my own going into a TNiA event this coming Thursday that I registered for only yesterday.

Norm

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
That you might in last-minute mode never occurred to me, so silly-season will be soon enough. Maybe by then I'll have got one of my old computers up and running real structural analysis software that can handle the actual shape (bends and all).

No, I won't be at Lincoln. I've been out of autocross almost ten years now (chased out by too many episodes of heat stress). Actually, I have a few extra items still left on a punch list of my own going into a TNiA event this coming Thursday that I registered for only yesterday.

Norm
i'll take measurements, you plug in numbers, and we'll both see how close/far the calcs i have are - sounds like a good exercise for the cold/wet months :)

in the meantime, the ballpark math and butt-in-seat dyno seem to be working! nats results pending, of course ;)
Sponsored