Whipple Questions.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
My stage 2 kit is on order. Should be another 3-4 weeks before I get it - I can't wait!!! I never did get an estimated ship date, just different answers: 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks...

In the meantime, I have a few questions:

1) What is the process of getting the correct tune for the Flash tool? Does it come preloaded with the tune for my vehicle based on VIN?
2) I've heard there is some kind of voucher for the tune. How does this work?
3) Is the Flash tool the same as the "Flare Tool?" Two different names for the same thing?
4) Does the kit come with a parts list that I can use to check the contents of the kit when it arrives? I have the installation manual PDF but it doesn't have a parts list in it.

Thanks!
John
Sponsored

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
My stage 2 kit is on order. Should be another 3-4 weeks before I get it - I can't wait!!! I never did get an estimated ship date, just different answers: 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks...

In the meantime, I have a few questions:

1) What is the process of getting the correct tune for the Flash tool? Does it come preloaded with the tune for my vehicle based on VIN?
2) I've heard there is some kind of voucher for the tune. How does this work?
3) Is the Flash tool the same as the "Flare Tool?" Two different names for the same thing?
4) Does the kit come with a parts list that I can use to check the contents of the kit when it arrives? I have the installation manual PDF but it doesn't have a parts list in it.

Thanks!
John
1) & 2) Not quite sure how they are currently doing it. I bought mine back in 2015 and at that time you provided them with your VIN # and the ECM # then they emailed you your tune. If you purchased from a dealer they should be able to inform you of their current process or you can send them a private message here on the forum.

3) Flash & Flare tool are same item

4) Kit will come with complete parts/packing list so you can check everything once it arrives.

Welcome to the family :cheers:

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
This video might help you out.
I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a whipple and no dice yet. Hoping someone will have good 4th of July sale!

[ame]

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty simple and its all in the Flash tool instructions which come in the kit. Just do that part as soon as you get it because you will have to register with micronet and email Whipple in order to get your voucher. This way you should get it before you finish the install. Then you just load and go

steelersfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
15 CO Mustang GT
This video might help you out.
I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a whipple and no dice yet. Hoping someone will have good 4th of July sale!

And I've got my eye on you ;) If you run across a good deal on a Whipple, please let me know....I'm actively in pre-purchase pricing mode hoping for a good 4th of July deal.

Sponsored

steelersfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
15 CO Mustang GT
Where does one find a Whipple downloadable pdf file of the installation instructions?

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And I've got my eye on you ;) If you run across a good deal on a Whipple, please let me know....I'm actively in pre-purchase pricing mode hoping for a good 4th of July deal.
LOL!
Trying to work a deal right now! :cheers:

steelersfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
15 CO Mustang GT

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you kind sir :cheers:

Well if it will help, and the deal is right, I'm ready to buy. Maybe we can get the deal over the hump if we both buy. I'm game if you are :thumbsup:
Order confirmed! Sent you a PM.
Sponsored