Sponsored

Does anyone here use a clutch pedal extender

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Does anyone here use a clutch pedal extender?

I’m only 5’6 so it’s tough for me to always sit so close to the steering wheel to press the clutch and it’s even more of a discomfort to get in and out of the car when my seat is too close to the steering wheel.

I want to buy one from AM but I’m curious to see if people here use it and if they have any type of issues with it.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've had one since shortly after buying the car. Even tall guys that have been in my car like it. ;)

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I had it on my '11 Vert and it was a godsend! It made it so much easier to drive having it on. Buy it, it is one of the best upgrades!

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I've had one since shortly after buying the car. Even tall guys that have been in my car like it. ;)
Interesting. I've been debating trying one out actually. While I'm far from the tallest guy in the world, I'm not really short either. I'm about 5'-11". That said, there is still something...uncomfortable with the clutch engagement. Having to push the clutch all the way down every time definitely moves it way past the gas and brake pedal. As such, I also feel that I need to sit uncomfortably close to the wheel to make ideal use of the clutch. May have to try one of these extenders myself...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Funny thing is I've gotten used to the shifting, its the sitting so close to the steering wheel, knees hitting the neck of the steering wheel, the amount of twisting I have to do to get in the car that it started causing upper right leg pain and lower back issues, and the ripped pants from all that twisting ROFL.

Plus I am afraid that if I got in an accident my head would hit the steering wheel before the air bags fully deploy.

Ok, well I just put my order in.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I use one, and it helped a lot. I'm 5'11.

However, I'm thinking about switching back...

the extension doesn't allow me to keep my heel on the ground. absolutely no support and I end up using all leg-power to use the clutch. makes it difficult to modulate.

it also makes the dead pedal too far back from the clutch pedal. now instead of sliding your foot over, you must move backwards, then over to pedal.

now what I want is a clutch pedal stopper of some kind that won't ruin anything.

but if I move back, i'll be way too close to the brake/accelerator/dead pedal.

why couldn't they just make all the pedals on the same plane?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Clutch extender? It's pretty high engaging already if anything you won't be able to reach gas pedal which is pretty low.

Sponsored

VeloLisa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm 5'5 and was getting left knee pain from operating the clutch in my car. Moving the seat way forward relieved my knee pain, but I hated sitting right on top of the steering wheel. There was also the airbag concern. The clutch pedal extender is the best money I've spent on my car. Should have been the first thing I did. My husband, who is 5'10, doesn't like it, but it's my daily driver not his!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Different foot.
Well yea but most people have equal length legs right?
Just imagine your clutch pedal is higher so you can sit back more but your right leg also move back now you can't go WOT on the gas anymore.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I use one, and it helped a lot. I'm 5'11.

However, I'm thinking about switching back...

the extension doesn't allow me to keep my heel on the ground. absolutely no support and I end up using all leg-power to use the clutch. makes it difficult to modulate.

it also makes the dead pedal too far back from the clutch pedal. now instead of sliding your foot over, you must move backwards, then over to pedal.

now what I want is a clutch pedal stopper of some kind that won't ruin anything.

but if I move back, i'll be way too close to the brake/accelerator/dead pedal.

why couldn't they just make all the pedals on the same plane?
This is exactly what I was wondering. I imagine with the extender that I wouldn’t even be able to reach the dead pedal so I would just plant my foot on the floor right next to the clutch. And I too keep my heel on the ground when I press the clutch so I’m curious how that will work out for me. It might be different since I’m only 5’6. Crazy how even 5’11 people are using these.

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Damn this was one of the first things I bought for this car but never got around to installing it. I just got used to being close to the wheel. Its actually sitting here on my desk right next to my computer. I'll have to get to installing this paper weight.