2011 Mustang 5.0

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Haha Hahaha 350 wnd 350R look ho-hum? Ooooo k. I and many think they are awesome....however. that S650...i hope thats not it. That doesnt look like a step in the right direction to me. That front wheel fender air inlet is unattractive. Another solid step in confirming that the s550 will probably be the last mustang i buy.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Haha Hahaha 350 wnd 350R look ho-hum? Ooooo k. I and many think they are awesome....however. that S650...i hope thats not it. That doesnt look like a step in the right direction to me. That front wheel fender air inlet is unattractive. Another solid step in confirming that the s550 will probably be the last mustang i buy.
lol yeah he went there. i am somewhat pissed at mine, but she’s still pretty. its kinda like having a hot bitchy woman...one look and you forget why you were mad

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
Okay Boys ~ So far I'm not overly impressed by what I see on the internet but this week I handed to my local Ford dealer, my "Official Letter if Intent" to PURCHASE a 2019 GT500 R !!!
I hold out all hope that the wonderful guys at Ford will do the right thing and make the 2019 GT500 R as or more Kick-Ass than any Muscle Car ever and that the GT500 will elevate the GT500 to Super Cars status the likes of the 911 GT3. I have chosen to do this now as I am 67 years old and last week I had major prostate surgery. To this day I can still recall the supreme thrill I had when I took delivery of my 1967 Cougar GT. Why Wait Now ?!?!?!

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If the 2019 looks as boring and how hum as the GT350 then we know once and for all that FORD is all Talk and No Show. I'm talking LOOKS and Performance.
:doh::shocked:
Some of us bought a 350R hoping it could pass as "how" hum and ended up getting more attention than we bargained for. :ninja:

Last edited:

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I'm trying to wait on gt500 but with 2017 z06 at 62000 new with automatic transmission I'm not sure I can wait. I can get this price because of owner loyalty and using Gmail credit card earnings. Otherwise you can get 20 percent off zo6. For anyone considering a new z this is probably the time.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Is all in what you are looking for. If you want the corvette or you want a pony car.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Hard as hell to know what you want when they want show you the damn cars!!
Though, I do have to say the GT500 is starting to sound pretty awesome if the details hold true!! Just want to lay eyes on the thing! I'm pretty sure that once it breaks cover we will all know pretty quick if its the one or not! I'm was also hoping to see the ME Vette in January but that is sound less and less likely due to the ZR1 just now being unveiled. I don't see them killing ZR1 sales by releasing a totally new model that soon. So, hopefully the GT500 is so bad ass I want care about waiting on the ME! January can't come quick enough!

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Current Corvette sales being killed by early intro of the ME Vette early?... that started happening a long time ago bro. Chevy lopped off $7k trying to sell those cars because of ME rumors already.

The whole entire dynamics of the Vette demographic will change with the ME, just as it did with the GT350. It will attract a whole different caliber of buyer and it won’t be the typical cal old man’s car much any longer.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They are getting hype from it, but yeah, didn’t help sales of their current lineup, that’s for sure.
Maybe there is a chance they reveal it at Detroit 2018. ZR1 and the whole c7 doesn’t do much for me aesthetically, but the mid engine has gotten my attention. If they don’t plaster the hell out of it with those V shaped emblems, it should look good.(non c7 rear end)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
They are getting hype from it, but yeah, didn’t help sales of their current lineup, that’s for sure.
Maybe there is a chance they reveal it at Detroit 2018. ZR1 and the whole c7 doesn’t do much for me aesthetically, but the mid engine has gotten my attention. If they don’t plaster the hell out of it with those V shaped emblems, it should look good.(non c7 rear end)
Agreed. I like the C7 but it doesn’t do it for me really.

The ME has so much potential. Really has my attention, but I’m terrified of the price. The ZR1 is going to be up to 170k CDN. :eyebulge:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think by the way they invested at bowling green, it’s here to stay and it’s going to be made in numbers similar to the c7 - eventually. Maybe $10k more for the ME platform. I could see the ZR1 version being 180k area, but that’s a ways down the road, I’d think.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I hope you are right. Chevy usually brings out the base model then goes up from there. This would make the GT500 look like the better option for me! If they bring the base out first it will take them forever to get around to a ZR1 edition! The only way I see that not happening is if the C8 is a stand alone model in edition to the Corvette! But I really don't see that happening!?!

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
I've been doing a little investigating today. As I have already placed an order for a 2019 Shelby GT500 R (just had major prostate surgery and figure I have only so much time left so I'd better do this sooner than later. The car is going to go to my son when I'm gone) So I've always been more than just a little curious about how Ford goes to market with the "R" Model. As a business owner I am happy to receive and ship as many orders as we can get. Ford on the other hand seems to like to produce a limited number of the "R" Shelby. I find this strange in a couple of ways. One, wouldn't it be better to have your "Flagship" auto on the street and be seen as much as possible? Two, as a Ford shareholder I would like to see Ford sell as many cars as they can produce!!! So I do not see what Ford has to gain by limiting the number of "R" Shelby's that they produce???
In Canada on Auto Trader, there are currently some 75, 2017 Shelby GT350s for sale and there are 5 Brand NEW 2017 Shelby GT350 "R"s for sale. So, what's the big deal and why are people so stupid to pay $10,000.00 over MSRP ??????? After all, its just another car and they'll make more of them next year and the year after !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored