Sponsored

QuickAin'tFair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert Premium/Blk/w-DS Leather
I hate that I missed the meet up this past weekend, but I was out of town. I heard the weather was nice, the pics look awesome. Will definitely try to make the next one.

Shaun

1377IP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE (wimbeldon white)
Hello. I'm the owner of LE 465 and I just moved to Austin from Phoenix a few weeks ago.

Any recommendation on where to have my car serviced? I check out Covert Ford and Mac Haik in Georgetown ... wasn't very impressed with either one. Any advice?

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Hello. I'm the owner of LE 465 and I just moved to Austin from Phoenix a few weeks ago.

Any recommendation on where to have my car serviced? I check out Covert Ford and Mac Haik in Georgetown ... wasn't very impressed with either one. Any advice?
Welcome to Texas.

I bought mine from Covert Ford in Austin. When I purchased it, I had them include the FR touring cat backs, which they installed after they came in. They did a good job on the cat backs, but that's my only real experience with them, other than buying the car, which they gave a very good deal on.

For normal servicing - oil changes, transmission fluid change, etc. - I don't use dealerships. I've been going to a local Jiffy Lube for years and they've always done a good job for me. Sorry. I guess this doesn't help you much if you're looking for a dealership for your servicing.

SixG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 200a PP
Welcome, 137!

I have same question. Bought my GT from Covert but haven't gone for service and want to go to the best place. If anyone can name service reps they like at particular dealerships that'd help too.

Thanks.

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange

I've been using Leif Johnson Ford for years. They really take care of me well so much so that they took care of rental when I had a flat and even after putting the wrong tire on the car they were able to get the correct one...

nomaly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got my GT from Covert as well. I haven't taken it in for service yet, but I have been taking my 2011 F150 5.0 there since I bought it. Never had any problems, oil changes are done in an hour and repairs are 95% done same day. Steve is the service advisor I use.

Jim

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
My only experience with where I bought mine, at Mac Haik, has been mounting tires. I autocross, and they have mounted both Hoosier race tires and Dunlop Z2 daily drive tires at $20.00 per wheel for 35 profile tires both times. That's almost half what Firestone quoted me.

Both times, they've done it somewhat, last minute too.

Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
I'm apartment hunting for a short term place this weekend and realized the place I'm planning on leasing is right across the street from Covert. I have a few things to have looked at so I'll be sure and report back next month when I make those appointments.

OP
OP

ad23tzj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Guys, quick question, where is a good place to go to install a catback exhaust?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Covert installed mine and did a good job. Might be a little pricey though compared to like a full time muffler shop.

What cat back are you getting?

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
lol, in your garage, if you have one...

Took me around an hour.

I would say come over to mine but my weekends are pretty well booked for the next two.

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
Would love to know when the next meet is!
Sponsored