CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
TOP 5 REASONS TO BUY A 2018 MUSTANG

If you’re in the same position as many other enthusiasts out there, then you’re probably pondering whether or not you should pick up the 2018 Mustang once it hits showroom floors. We’re here to tell you that the 2018 Mustang is awesome, and you’ll definitely want to pick it up after reading about a few key reasons.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]orsoQ7qBEkQ[/MEDIA]"]

For the 2018 model year, Ford has thrown even more technology at the S550 and made it an even more desirable car to almost any automotive enthusiast out there. With such great technological advances and an ever-growing popular front fascia change, it’s no wonder you’re probably contemplating trading in your current Mustang (or other vehicle) and picking up a 2018 Mustang for yourself.

You can read our full article HERE, in our Resource Center.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
All very valid reasons. My only personal problem is to truly get what I would want to be happy out of one is that it's a $55,000 car...

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
For me top 5 reasons

1) CLUSTER
2) CLUSTER
3) CLUSTER
4) CLUSTER
5) CLUSTER

You need to see it in person, it's really that impressive. None of the pics and videos I saw online do it any justice.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Engine
10 speed auto
Cluster
Crimson red
Magnaride
I priced one out came to $51k

Forget that , i just ordered a pro charger D1x kit.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Any current S550 V8 owner is nuts to upgrade to the MY18. Between the depreciation hit on their current vehicle and the extra cost of the MY18, the performance difference is not worth it. Buy a damn tune if you want the extra power...or a superchager. If you are afraid of losing your warranty, just remember that the price delta between what you'll be able to sell your current car for....and buying a new MY18 could buy a new engine and transmission.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No thanks. I already have better and lighter wheels and better tires over stock. For Black Friday, I plan on getting a 93 tune, possibly an intake or filter, BMR SP089/82, Steeda Billet Shock mounts, and the CB005 cradle lockout kit. ARH catted longtubes and heat coated are waiting to go on.

Still not even close to the 50k marker for the same options my car has in 2018. Maybe right before the S650 drops, the 18's will be more reasonable, but not now.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No thanks. I already have better and lighter wheels and better tires over stock. For Black Friday, I plan on getting a 93 tune, possibly an intake or filter, BMR SP089/82, and the CB005 cradle lockout kit.

Still not even close to the 50k marker for the same options my car has in 2018. Maybe right before the S650 drops, the 18's will be more reasonable, but not now.
Hot damn you're going to love the car after all that. Don't forget the billet shock mounts!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Any current S550 V8 owner is nuts to upgrade to the MY18. Between the depreciation hit on their current vehicle and the extra cost of the MY18, the performance difference is not worth it. Buy a damn tune if you want the extra power...or a superchager. If you are afraid of losing your warranty, just remember that the price delta between what you'll be able to sell your current car for....and buying a new MY18 could buy a new engine and transmission.
A voice of reason in a sea of insanity. :D

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
All very valid reasons. My only personal problem is to truly get what I would want to be happy out of one is that it's a $55,000 car...
Since Chevy is dropping Corvette prices by 9k,that makes it even an harder decision.

Sponsored

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Anybody know anything about this no lift to shift feature they are mentioning?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Anybody know anything about this no lift to shift feature they are mentioning?
It's nothing but a rev limiter at WOT that prevents you from going into the hard fuel cut. You'll basically bounce off the limiter in-between shifts if you keep the throttle floored and are a touch slow between shifts.

metros11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SS 1LE
I think the cluster is cool... but I'd rather have the real gauges of the base GT. I've had a full digital cluster on my electric, and it was definitely cool to play around with all the settings and how it looked. But eventually that novelty wore off, and I was far more excited to stare at the gauges in my wife's Sorento.

What I'd be most looking forward to in the 2018 is the Level 2 Performance Pack and how it compares to the Camaro SS 1LE in terms of actual time on the track. The lack of a trans cooler however is still a head scratcher. Has Ford not learned anything from the GT350 fiasco?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I get what you are saying.

That said, as you know, there is a lot more to the '18 than just than just 25 more hp. Take each incremental improvement/upgrade as a whole and I definitely see why a current s550 owner may want to move into an '18.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.