WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Question to the forum about those running x pipe which I have and with my Kooks L/T headers are on cold start very, very noisey and raspy under acceleration, but still gives you that V8 BURBLE. I have a borla touring cat back and a phase 2 Roush supercharger fitted. I have tried the borla resonator and it makes it less noisy and no rasping under acceleration but it looses the V8 burble. I am thinking of some sort of H pipe construction with some sound insulation to be hand made by a firm in Doncaster. I am hoping for some feedback on any opinions on the matter.:shrug:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
try custom pipes on black bank tell them dave with the blue mustang sent you try a H or a double X you've heard mine on a pure x.
tbh i'd be tempted just to fit some bullet resonators inline rather than change the X. having said that I love the raspy sound of mine above 4500 below that its just burble

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
try custom pipes on black bank tell them dave with the blue mustang sent you try a H or a double X you've heard mine on a pure x.
tbh i'd be tempted just to fit some bullet resonators inline rather than change the X. having said that I love the raspy sound of mine above 4500 below that its just burble
Hi Hinch thats the company I have been speaking too. I thought of doing bullet resonators inline rather than change the X but heard that H gave a better v8 burble.:thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hi Hinch thats the company I have been speaking too. I thought of doing bullet resonators inline rather than change the X but heard that H gave a better v8 burble.:thumbsup:
they can do but personally i prefer the X over the H no real benefit to either though. is your system 3" full length or are you factory size increasing the overall diameter seems to give it a deeper boomier sound. spiders sounds alot deeper than mine but mine is louder and screams.

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
they can do but personally i prefer the X over the H no real benefit to either though. is your system 3" full length or are you factory size increasing the overall diameter seems to give it a deeper boomier sound. spiders sounds alot deeper than mine but mine is louder and screams.
Hinch going down this week to speak to them and see what they suggest. Thanks:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I know you said you tried the resonator, but it might be worth trying again....:)

The reason I say that is that mine is sounding quite different to when I first put it on back in March...... I'm now on 19k miles so everything is bedded in:thumbsup:

This setup is Streetfighter LTH, 200 cell cats, Borla resonator feeding into a Borla touring catback...

It's soon to be changed to a quad tip, but it's being made to suit....should look and sound great:)

Go to 11 mins for the sound......and forgive the crappy video, it was the first time I've used the GoPro I bought ages ago:paddle:

[ame]

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
I know you said you tried the resonator, but it might be worth trying again....:)

The reason I say that is that mine is sounding quite different to when I first put it on back in March...... I'm now on 19k miles so everything is bedded in:thumbsup:

This setup is Streetfighter LTH, 200 cell cats, Borla resonator feeding into a Borla touring catback...

It's soon to be changed to a quad tip, but it's being made to suit....should look and sound great:)

Go to 11 mins for the sound......and forgive the crappy video, it was the first time I've used the GoPro I bought ages ago:paddle:

Thanks Enoch it does sound good and was thinking about putting the Borla resonator back on as can't stand the x pipe noise now. Can I ask about your quad tips that you are thinking about making and will you modify the exhaust space or build to fit the space.:thumbsup:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Enoch it does sound good and was thinking about putting the Borla resonator back on as can't stand the x pipe noise now. Can I ask about your quad tips that you are thinking about making and will you modify the exhaust space or build to fit the space.:thumbsup:
I'm still in the planning stage at the moment, been going through a few ideas with my fabricator chap up the road...:)

Currently I'm thinking GT350 rear valance, but I don't like the standard chrome tail pipes, so I was going to use 4 Borla black tips in there place...

Silencing will be either existing modified with 4 exits instead of 2...... or depending on what deals I can get, I may just stick a couple of Borla Sports GT silencers on there....

It's a winter project and not written in stone just yet..:D:D

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
enoch just for reference the chrome tips can be popped out of the 350 rear valance and you can just poke through the chrome/black tips from your back box instead

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
enoch just for reference the chrome tips can be popped out of the 350 rear valance and you can just poke through the chrome/black tips from your back box instead
Yes....:)

I've seen the 350 valance close up, so I know that the tips are just bolted in...

I like the idea of replacing them with my Borla tips, because they're then fixed and level....whereas it may be a bit trickier to reposition the tips on the back box and still get them to look right IYSWIM..:)

Sponsored
OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
Solved the issue I have put back the Borla resonator and taken off the x pipe 100% better no rasping and vibration at acceleration. Also going back to Custom Pipes Doncaster on Tuesday to fit a hand crafted axle back quad box. May have to do some creative cutting at the back valance to fit.:thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Solved the issue I have put back the Borla resonator and taken off the x pipe 100% better no rasping and vibration at acceleration. Also going back to Custom Pipes Doncaster on Tuesday to fit a hand crafted axle back quad box. May have to do some creative cutting at the back valance to fit.:thumbsup:
just order a gt350 rear valance or a roush one

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
just order a gt350 rear valance or a roush one
Just bought a Barton Hybrid 3 Short shifter so funds a bit tight. Will see what sort of job is done on Tuesday and if not happy will look at buying a Roush valance.:thumbsup:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Just bought a Barton Hybrid 3 Short shifter so funds a bit tight. Will see what sort of job is done on Tuesday and if not happy will look at buying a Roush valance.:thumbsup:
Put some pics up when you're done.....I'm still looking for ideas:D

Good move on the resonator.....makes the car so much more pleasant to be in..

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
think i'm in the minority i love it when its loud offensive and you can feel it through the car can't beat straight through from manifolds back with nothing in the way :)
Sponsored