dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
Evening guys,

Since the Mustang became available to buy from UK Ford dealers I've always been tempted by one but never actually did anything about it.

We were in Florida in September and we hired a Ruby Red Convertible EcoBoost Automatic. The car impressed me but I'm a V8 fan at heart.

This morning I decided to pop along to Arnold Clark in Linwood. They're not a Mustang dealer officially but they had a 6 month old 5.0 Manual Convertible in Lightning Blue. The car was excellent. It is a 17 plate with 4k miles on the clock for ÂŁ36k.

I'm not sold on the idea of a Convertible, I think I'd rather have a Fastback. It needs to be a 5.0 GT with the Custom Pack and silver wheels though. Colour I'm not overly fussed on, although Ruby Red or Lightning Blue would be preferable though.

I've seen the pictures of the MY18 that's coming shortly so am pondering the idea of waiting a bit and seeing if there's any good deals on the last of the run out model.

If anyone knows of any cracking deals, please feel free to point me in the right direction!

Anyhoo, sorry for my ramblings!

David.
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Welcome aboard David.

I was told yesterday that Bristol Street are doing a 50% down 5 yrs 0% deal?

Might be worth a sniff?

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
It’s a difficult one. Carwow are doing almost £2k off a new 17 already. If they reduced them to say £35k as opposed to £45 for an 18, that would be a really difficult decision. A Mustang is a Mustang after all. Instead of waiting till they are mostly sold before releasing the new pricing, maybe they ought to release the pricing and some 18 people go out and grab a 17

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I know someone that's just sold a lightning blue manual with all extras inc custom pack, and a Borla touring catback, eibach springs, & less than 5k on the clock for ÂŁ34.5k

It was an April 17 so cheap tax to:headbang:

Owner was an elderly gent:)

Someone got a bargain :thumbsup:

Sponsored

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
I've hired various Mustang convertibles and fastbacks over the last few years, when it came to buying my own for the UK, it had to be a fastback. 3 reasons

Looks better IMHO
Much bigger boot and with load through capability.
I'd always be worrying about who is touching a ragtop.

I have a ruby red GT fastback with premium pack, black wheels and no chrome. The only other choice that comes near it is magnetic IMHO.

I'd hold out for the one you really want. There are quite a few new ones in stock around the country.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
also worth emailing the girls at ford ([email protected]) or asking ford to look at the stock list, there's quite a few for list at the moment.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Likewise, I'd been a serial renter over 10 years of V6 Mustangs (with the occasional V8) in North America before I bought my own car. Had a couple of convertibles along the way, a S197 and then a S550 - although took a buddy's S197 Shelby soft top for a burn once in 2007!

The S550 with in Magnetic with the black hood was a stand out car - felt conspicuous when I took it to a small town rodeo in rural Alberta :) I loved how it looked but after a couple of days I couldn't be assed lowering the roof. Up until that point, I'd been debating whether I'd order a UK car with either the hard or soft top. All power to the soft top folks, but not for me.

OP
OP

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It's Ruby Red or Lightning Blue for me. Although which one will depend upon which deal is right at the time.

I want the Custom Pack, that I'm not prepared to sacrifice and I want silver wheels.

I've spent today levelling my driveway ready for one :) Previously I've run Range Rovers for years so having a big hump in it was never an issue although friends with low cars always moaned. So, 40 tons of earth have been excavated and by next weekend I'll be able to park a Mustang so the search can begin properly!

David.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
Well, I've finally made a decision. Unless I can get a cracking deal on a 2017 MY I'm going to hang fire and order a 2018 MY.

I really like the Active quad exhausts, the LCD dash looks really cool, I actually quite like the spoiler that I've seen pictured too and the Magneride suspension sounds excellent.

I'm guessing the prices will go up due to the new tech, etc. that's going to be on the car as well as the suspension being an optional extra but I can't bring myself to pay near as dammit list price for the current model knowing that the new model is just around the corner.

There's not really one massive thing I fancy on the 2018MY but all of the little bits added together make me think I'd regret buying a 17MY just now.

I've been a serial car changer for the last 10 years but want something that I'm going to stick with for a while this time around.

Hopefully Ford will announce the prices for the new car shortly.

David.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Nice one David. I’ve been waiting 18 months so far for a MY18 having cancelled my MY17 order last year when I heard the refresh model was coming out. It’s been a tough wait but I think worth it now the videos and reviews are out

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I've finally made a decision. Unless I can get a cracking deal on a 2017 MY I'm going to hang fire and order a 2018 MY.

I really like the Active quad exhausts, the LCD dash looks really cool, I actually quite like the spoiler that I've seen pictured too and the Magneride suspension sounds excellent.

I'm guessing the prices will go up due to the new tech, etc. that's going to be on the car as well as the suspension being an optional extra but I can't bring myself to pay near as dammit list price for the current model knowing that the new model is just around the corner.

There's not really one massive thing I fancy on the 2018MY but all of the little bits added together make me think I'd regret buying a 17MY just now.

I've been a serial car changer for the last 10 years but want something that I'm going to stick with for a while this time around.

David.
Ford Birmingham have a MY17 LB in stock. and it looked stunning. Give them a call and see what they can do. Ask for Phil Rumbles or Louise, tell them I sent you as I let them know I knew someone who wanted a LB.

:thumbsup:

edit: and as they're a BSM branch, they also have the 0% APR deal (20k deposit). If that's what tickles your fancy.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB

David.
Just in case you're interested....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...g-gt-5-0-s550-manual-with-custom-pack/7685459

Have got a quad tip exhaust for it too (brand new and unfitted).

OP
OP

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
Thanks for the offer Stiggy.

Unfortunately, due to getting married and moving house within the last 12 months I’m not in a position to be paying cash for it so will be relying on finance when the time comes.

I suppose I’d best check insurance too... at 30 with no accidents out points it shouldn’t be to bad but you never know!

The more I’m seeing online and reading about the 2018MY I’m definitely going to wait and see what’s what I reckon.

David.
Sponsored