Sponsored

Chrome Mirror Covers?

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
It's not the first time I've been mod-shamed (nor the last)!
But maybe I'll go with a carbon fibre wrap instead, who knows? I just don't get all the chrome-hate on here (if it was brushed aluminium, would it be any better?) - I've seen far worse, and on this site too ('I've seen pictures of mods on here you people wouldn't believe...').
But it does go to show that there's truth in the proverb that starts, 'people who live in glasshouses....' :lol:
Ha ha,

For what its worth, I agree with them! There is no room for chrome on a modern car. But if thats what floats yer boat, go for it.

I have side skirts, plastic things stuck on my bonnet, stripes, halo headlights and all sorts and my car is ORANGE!!! Who am I to judge what others do??

However yes, brushed Aluminium = Cool as as CF, and black....even silver. I reckon you would not like chrome if you did it tbh but hey it dont cost much to try it. I even have a spare set of Orange ones I can lend you, if it all goes wrong. Now THAT would look well cool! Go with some orange RTR side splitters and an orange boot spoiler, oh yes, you would be the talk of the town!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Ha ha,

For what its worth, I agree with them! There is no room for chrome on a modern car. But if thats what floats yer boat, go for it.

I have side skirts, plastic things stuck on my bonnet, stripes, halo headlights and all sorts and my car is ORANGE!!! Who am I to judge what others do??

However yes, brushed Aluminium = Cool as as CF, and black....even silver. I reckon you would not like chrome if you did it tbh but hey it dont cost much to try it. I even have a spare set of Orange ones I can lend you, if it all goes wrong. Now THAT would look well cool! Go with some orange RTR side splitters and an orange boot spoiler, oh yes, you would be the talk of the town!
Perhaps i'm mis-using the word 'chrome' in as much as I see it on a spectrum close to silver and brushed alloys of all sorts. Maybe that's just me. How would you describe the silver alloys of the European GT - not chrome, sure, but silver, or brushed aluminium? I once had silver Toba alloys on my XJ - and they looked fantastic.
C2D7282.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
they're "nickel lustre" the wheels... probably closer to silver, but the window surrounds are "chrome" so it depends what you want to match it to. If you do it right it could look good, a car is yours, make the style what you want :D!

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
This is chrome!
Well, chrome look

Yep, that looks naf. But it's also about the shape and amount. Chrome here looks good:

ee1f96__NJ4A1999-Edit.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So, job done - at Monsterwrap in Southampton - excellent work for Ā£60!
Not chrome in the end but 'silver lake 904' in wrap speak. Matches nickel alloys perfectly. Very happy.

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5813.JPG

IMG_5816.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_5812.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)