Water Spots.....

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
OK thanks. Hopefully the Clean Slate wash did the trick. I really don't feel like having to wash and wax for the 3rd time in 3 days. I guess I'll know if they're gone when the sun comes up. I'm not sure I'd ever buy a black car again. haha
Don't have to wait for sun, use a good LED light
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Next time use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and white vinegar
X1

Went to a " spot free car wash"parked and went grocery shopping. Came out to major hard water spots everywhere. Freaked out went home tried detail spray...nope.... clay bar.....nada. read about this and said f it. Worked like a champ!

Make sure to re wash your car after or atleast rinse it again to neutralize what acidity is left on the paint. You HAVE to re wax it again.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
X1

Went to a " spot free car wash"parked and went grocery shopping. Came out to major hard water spots everywhere. Freaked out went home tried detail spray...nope.... clay bar.....nada. read about this and said f it. Worked like a champ!

Make sure to re wash your car after or atleast rinse it again to neutralize what acidity is left on the paint. You HAVE to re wax it again.
Haha glad it worked out for you man. People probably think it sounds crazy but it works. I mean you can do with compound and a machine too but some people aren't comfortable with that

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I just use "spot free rinse" at the self serve car wash as the final step, and then wipe the car down post haste afterward. No issues. This blue car shows everything too.

vicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am a detailer on weekends and I use this method to remove hard or stubborn water spots that can't be removed by clay bar or paint correction. Works on basically any surface that has water spots

Yup.... he's right! White Vinegar mix kicks azz on water spots. Try it... you'll see!! No need to buy any fancy expensive remedies..... its right in your kitchen:cheers:
Sponsored