Sponsored

Chemical Guys?

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Hello everyone,

My black stang is in need of a good cleaning and waxing. I've put this list together with the $17 Amazon foam gun. Any advice or suggestions on products?

MIC498 - Chenille Microfiber Premium Wash Mitt
MIC70101 - Glass and Window Waffle
MIC721 - Miracle Dryer with solid edges
ACCB01 - Gerbil Wheel and Rim brush
MIC50903 - Premium Red-Line microfiber towel
WAC302 - 50/50 Concours paste wax v2
Sponsored

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Most of their stuff is just re-labeled products at a higher price. There is better quality stuff out for cheaper. Sure some of it's decent but it's pricey. Just paying for the name and the name ain't even good

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Most of their stuff is just re-labeled products at a higher price. There is better quality stuff out for cheaper. Sure some of it's decent but it's pricey.
Just have to wait for the few annual sales they have and stock-up. Plus it's good to buy in bulk because it saves on shipping.

30% off their overpriced stuff brings it inline with anything that you would buy at a store.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Just have to wait for the few annual sales they have and stock-up. Plus it's good to buy in bulk because it saves on shipping.

30% off their overpriced stuff brings it inline with anything that you would buy at a store.
Yes they do have their sales that make it close to other brands but they aren't as good quality wise. It's mainly just a name that people are familiar with which is why it's popular. I'm a detailer and there are far better products out there

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
i used chem guys for a bit. I liked some of there stuff. Their Wheel Guard is good.

Their waxes last maybe 3 weeks. Detailers maybe 3 days.

Honestly, buy Maguires. They have some great prodcut thats not all that expensive. In fact i used Maguires paste wax (not the cleaning one) and their wipe and dry wax detailer. It last so much longer then chem guys, and the shine is right there. But use what you think is best for YOU.

If your looking for good products, go on youtube and look at what the pro detailers use. Most of them dont use chemical guys at all. Id say a good 80% of them use maguires.

EDIT: Misspelled MEguiars about 50 times in this post, and no one batted an eye. What a great group of people.

Last edited:

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
i used chem guys for a bit. I liked some of there stuff. Their Wheel Guard is good.

Their waxes last maybe 3 weeks. Detailers maybe 3 days.

Honestly, buy Maguires. They have some great prodcut thats not all that expensive. In fact i used Maguires paste wax (not the cleaning one) and their wipe and dry wax detailer. It last so much longer then chem guys, and the shine is right there. But use what you think is best for YOU.

If your looking for good products, go on youtube and look at what the pro detailers use. Most of them dont use chemical guys at all. Id say a good 80% of them use maguires.
Yep. Meguiars, mezerna, griots, shine supply, Adams polishes. All good products

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Don't bother with the foam gun. It looks cool, but you don't really gain anything from letting the soap dwell on your paint. Plus, it is just not worth the effort to drag out your pressure washer, hook everything up, just to foam it.

A simple hose job works just as well. I still use the foam cannon, but mostly just cause the kids like it.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Don't bother with the foam gun. It looks cool, but you don't really gain anything from letting the soap dwell on your paint. Plus, it is just not worth the effort to drag out your pressure washer, hook everything up, just to foam it.

A simple hose job works just as well. I still use the foam cannon, but mostly just cause the kids like it.
Most foam guns hook up to garden hose. Foam cannons use pressure washer. There is benefit to it. Allowing the suds to pre soak in the car allows the dirty and grime to be saturated and loosen up before scrubbing and keeping scratches and swirls down

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've got both the cannon and gun. Since I purchased the gun(hose), I rarely use the cannon. With the right soap it's almost as good as the cannon.

I get the whole car covered, then proceed with a 3 bucket wash. The other nice thing about it is the ability it get soap inside the wheel wells and rims.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i used there products on my challenger, never had a issue and always came up nice .
butter wax, gloss enhancer, melon car wash and foam cannon .
seems im spoiled now with the stang after she got c quartz on her.. now i just wash it and done .seeing that i paint, sand and buff paint in work all day its nice not to labor on my own car after work

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
i used there products on my challenger, never had a issue and always came up nice .
butter wax, gloss enhancer, melon car wash and foam cannon .
seems im spoiled now with the stang after she got c quartz on her.. now i just wash it and done .seeing that i paint, sand and buff paint in work all day its nice not to labor on my own car after work
Buttery wet wax lasts about a week or two on your car. Other sealants and waxs last 4-6 months on average. So it may work decent but doesn't last for . Wise choice on the c remix coating. Can't beat it. I need to do mine but after detailing 3-4 cars a weekend the last thing I want to do is my own

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Most foam guns hook up to garden hose. Foam cannons use pressure washer. There is benefit to it. Allowing the suds to pre soak in the car allows the dirty and grime to be saturated and loosen up before scrubbing and keeping scratches and swirls down
Sure, some benefit....very minimal though.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Sure, some benefit....very minimal though.
Yes but when it comes to swirls and scratches in your paint I'd rather have some benefit rather then none IMO

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Most of their stuff is just re-labeled products at a higher price. There is better quality stuff out for cheaper. Sure some of it's decent but it's pricey. Just paying for the name and the name ain't even good
If you're going to say something like that, then recommend an alternative. What is this other better quality stuff for cheaper? that would be helpful to know.

Back on topic, I've used various stuff they offer for interior and exterior. I really like their Maxi suds II for washing the exterior. While their stuff is more expensive than stuff you find at Auto Zone, IMO it is slightly better. Other brands that are as good or as better will cost more.
Sponsored