Sponsored

2017 GT350 vs 2016 GT w/PP3

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sounds like a lack of talent Phil. This ain't no supercharged car with a flat 500lbf-ft torque curve from 2K-redline. Try launching a V8 M3 with even less torque or any 90s Honda :thumbsup:
I've clicked a high 117.x trap speed on crap grudge event street surfaces. Right about where this car is supposed to be according to all of the magazine warriors. What about that talent again? I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said it wasn't easy. Comprehension Phil.

It's not about how much torque, it's about torque CONSISTENCY. The E92 M3 has one of the most manageable torque curves out there. It's not much of a "curve", anyway. The Voodoo engine has an 85lb ft difference in torque from 2700 - 3200 RPM, right where you want to start working the clutch. Get it wrong by the slightest margin and you'll cough up a bowling ball or turn the tires into a cloud.
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've clicked a high 117.x trap speed on crap grudge event street surfaces. Right about where this car is supposed to be according to all of the magazine warriors. What about that talent again? I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said it wasn't easy. Comprehension Phil.

It's not about how much torque, it's about torque CONSISTENCY. The E92 M3 has one of the most manageable torque curves out there. It's not much of a "curve", anyway. The Voodoo engine has an 85lb ft difference in torque from 2700 - 3200 RPM, right where you want to start working the clutch. Get it wrong by the slightest margin and you'll cough up a bowling ball or turn the tires into a cloud.
I agree on the torque increase in that rev range, which is why you need to be above that and w clutch release frank.

You're bragging about trap speeds to prove your driving ability? :lol:. You can roll off the line at idle and damn near hit the same trap speeds. Talent is in the 60'. :thumbsup:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree on the torque increase in that rev range, which is why you need to be above that and w clutch release frank.

You're bragging about trap speeds to prove your driving ability? :lol:. You can roll off the line at idle and damn near hit the same trap speeds. Talent is in the 60'. :thumbsup:
You're not hitting traps if you bog the start. It's obvious you've never launched a 350 in a launching scenario so I'm just gonna leave it.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You're not hitting traps if you bog the start. It's obvious you've never launched a 350 in a launching scenario so I'm just gonna leave it.
Actually, I have in my friend's GT350 and in my GT.

Its obvious you don't know much about drag racing in general if you don't know the basics of:

1) Trap Speed will tell you about your HP to weight & drag.
2) ET & 60' will tell you more about traction and your launch.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I think it's pretty safe to say that the GT350 is a bitch to launch well.

Therefore, its ET's are lower than one might expect given its trap speeds. It has the power, but is tough to get off the line.

And as is typically the case, the better driver will beat the better car 90% of the time.

-T

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just to add a little more data to the conversation, I went 12.1 at 118mph (1.95 60ft) in my bone stock GT350. I trapped 118mph 7 consecutive times, and put down 465/385 on the dyno. My 14gt had longtubes, catless Xpipe, catback, JLT cold air intake, tune, BMR k-member and A-arms, and a set of Welds (18x5 + 15x10), and would trap 120mph, 109mph when she was bone stock.
Sponsored